Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

topical steriods...

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by Petunia, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Petunia

Petunia Guest

I'm starting to see myself as the steriod lady..or the lady who just keeps coming back! LOL :lol:

Well, since I'm taking a break from Rogaine until I'm cleared by the cardiologist, my derma is convinced that the steriod shot must have helped since I saw a decrease in the shedding...even if it lasted only a week (bc now it's back full blown). He thinks the dose might have been very minimal, since he says it was in fact a VERY small dose and a slow release. He stopped everything until I get cleared by the cardio BUT he wanted me to try the topical steriod "drops" in the mean time. Has anyone tried these?

TIA!!

2. amye

amye Guest

Funny you should ask that Petunia

I went to the derm today and she prescribed me a topical steroid. :? She said my scalp was beet red and that I must be in misery. I said yeah, Iit feels pretty rugged and she gave me a topical steroid. I go back in two weeks and she said if she hasn't seen any diffrence she is going to put me on oral steriods.

3. Petunia

Petunia Guest

Hey!
    So now we're steriod buddies :lol:

What type did she give you? Is it a cream or drops?
    My doctor gave me beta-val in drop form. The nurse had warned me that it would be VERY VERY greasy. I must have REALLY dry hair bc I just don't feel the greasiness! However, I didn't realize how "unsure" I'd be about the application. They just told me, put a few drops in on the scalp and rub it in..but WHERE? Everywhere where I'm losing hair?? That's EVERYWHERE! I don't want to overdo it yet I want to make sure I put enough on, each drop seems to cover just a bit...how are you applying it?

TIA!!