Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

TOPPIK - achieving more natural results

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Maisie, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Maisie

Maisie Guest

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this forum but think I could well be here regularly from now on as my Androgenetic Alopecia is stepping up a level and I am on my way to a topper, I think.

Anyway, I had bought Toppik about six weeks ago and was very happy with the results. I felt a confidence I hadn't for while however, in the last month I have noticed even less vellus hairs in the sparse areas and the Toppik has started to look clumpy, dirty even on the scalp. I also have TG and shedding seems to have started again. Sighs.

This has been a bit of a blow and yesterday I was very upset about how I looked. Last night I stayed up until 1 am reading through this forum and looking at member images with toppers and other general posts. I am so thankful to see these pictures as it's given me hope that I can achieve beautiful hair again when the time comes. Thank you to the ladies who have helped in ways they may not know.

Whilst reading I came across a post where a member was using Toppik and I noticed her parting looked so even. I wondered if she had placed something along it as a guide.

So, this morning I used a cotton bud (q tip) along my parting line and lightly sprinkled the Toppik, patted and it looks SO much better. I think I had been trying to colour my scalp too much. Creating the illusion of a narrower parting really helps.

Now, I know this is not going to keep me happy for ever - this hair loss game keeps changing and shifting gears all of the time - yet I can go out now with my husband and 3 year old and feel OK.

One day at a time :bravo:

X

2. colline

colline Guest

i had the same experience now i have a better hair result

3. nola

nola Guest

Hi Maisie,

I haven't tried this yet but I saw that some of the ladies use a pipe cleaner to get a straight part with the Toppik. Also, I totally agree with you that it is SO helpful to see pictures and stories from other women!!!

4. mommy2

mommy2 Guest

i'm not an expert but I put the tail of my comb on my part then shake on the toppik which seems to leave a straight part.