Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Toppik advice

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by samging, Nov 14, 2011.

1. samging

samging Guest

I want to order Toppik for the first time and would like to know the experience of others on this forum. What do you think of the coverage? Does it look natural? If I scratch my head where I've applied the Toppik, will it get under my fingernails?

Thanks so much

2. WittsEnd

WittsEnd Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    It does look natural. and yes if you scratch your head where you
    put it it will get under your nails. Don't scratch your head.

3. hope4hair

hope4hair Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I love it. So easy to use and if you get the setting spray it usually stays for two days if you have to skip a washing. But it will get under your fingertips if you scracth!

I've been caught in the rain with it and so far, so good. (not a downpour tho!)

I only wish it could stay like this forever, I could deal with it. But I know it won't :(

4. samging

samging Guest

Thank you WittsEnd and Hope4Hair for your advice. I ordered it a few days ago and just got an email that it was out of stock and backordered. I can't tell you how disappointed I was because I've been so eager to try it. I guess a few more days won't hurt.

5. mrm

mrm Guest

i really love toppik - yes, if you scratch your head it will get on your fingernails but really not a big deal. i also use the toppik hair fattner & shampoo - love all the toppik products - like you, i wasn't sure about ordering them, did my research, asked many women on these boards & now, I'm a "believer." It is a great product - good luck.

mrm

6. buttercup

buttercup Guest

Echoing other comments, I love Toppik. It works really well if you have some hair. I also have an application pump, which also helps for directed applications on problem spots. I find that works really well for filling in a widening part. It feels a little uncomfortable on my scalp when I first put it on, but the sensation goes away after about 10 minutes. For me, it's not quite itchy, but almost. Leave it be, you'll get used to it. Good luck! (I bought it on Amazon.com.)

7. ragtag

ragtag Guest

Hi samging!

I wanted to let you know that if you're looking at a pretty long backorder on the Toppik, there is another brand of hair fiber that I just started using and love so far. Same idea as Toppik, but the product name is Nanogen Nanofibres. I just got the light brown shade and it's a perfect match for my hair and really easy to use... I got mine from Amazon and it came fairly quickly.

Just another option in case you're not in the mood to wait for the Toppik. :)

8. samging

samging Guest

Thank you all for the positive comments. I tried to find out when I'll get my Toppik but I never got an answer from the company. I ordered it on Amazon, too. I'm just going to wait until next week since this is Thanksgiving week and most companies close even on Friday. If the wait is too long I'll consider other options.

9. samging

samging Guest

Well I finally got my Toppik and I'm getting used to applying it. I love the way it makes my hair look fuller. I feel more confident. But I feel like I get more on my scalp than my hair and it looks like my scalp is painted. I usually run a comb through my part to create a part between the Toppik, but it still looks like something is there, like black dirt. Any advice?

10. worriedmommy

worriedmommy Guest

Is the toppik supposed to go in your hair and not on your scalp?

11. Sadlatina

Sadlatina Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Don't apply to much cause then it will give that black dirty look! I have been using it for 3 days, first day i aplied it last me 2 days... and another great thing i noticed is doesn't make my hair or scalp so greasy like it used to be and had to wash my hair every single day as I always had oily hair.

12. samging

samging Guest

To WorriedMommy, I sprinkle it on my hair but it falls through onto my scalp. I'm trying not to use too much, but I probably am. I think I'm going to get the sprayer top. I've seen it online and it looks easier to use than sprinkling it on and hoping it goes where you want it to.

When I use it, I don't have to wash for a couple of days either and it lasts. I just have to make sure to part my hair in the same place and not fuss too much with it, otherwise I rub the Toppik away and have to start all over.

13. worriedmommy

worriedmommy Guest

Oh!!! I thought that Toppik was something you put on your scalp to cover the see through/scalp. Wow...it sounds interesting! So, it goes in your hair?

14. hope4hair

hope4hair Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    It looks like a big salt shaker and you shake the powdery fibers right on your head. Try holding the shaker high above so the fibers fall softly on hair and not too close to the scalp. Did you get the setting spray too?

15. samging

samging Guest

I just use hairspray to set it. It works just fine. I've already had a few comments by people who can't believe my hair is thinning. They think I have really thick hair.

16. farha

farha Guest

what about the clumping i have found them getting clumped after a while and really really prominent under the sunlight.Any solutions for that from the users????

17. samging

samging Guest

I finally got the sprayer nozzle top that fits onto the bottle of Toppik. You squeeze the bulb and point the nozzle where you want and the Toppik is applied only to that area. It's so much easier to control and helps to get the product on your hair and not on your scalp. Plus you don't waste so much either. I spray it at my part, along both sides of the hairlines and at the on the front hairline, and my hair looks so full and thick. I love this product.

18. Adi

Adi Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello Toppik users, please post pictures if possible, it will be a big
    help!

19. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Some of the ladies lay a pipecleaner on their part to create a tighter part.