Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

toppik / dermatch questions

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by valley23, Oct 17, 2005.

1. valley23

valley23 Guest

Hello!
    Just recently I received my first order of Toppik and was experimenting with it over the weekend. So far I really like it! I am pleasantly surprised with the product! I am wondering, does anyone use the toppik comb (I think they call it the Hairline Optimizer)? It looks like it might help with not getting the toppik all over my forehead when I'm trying to cover my hairline.
    Also, does anyone use dermatch? I'm wondering how these two products compare.

Thanks!
    Jessica

2. tbacchi

tbacchi Guest

Where did you see this comb? I didn't see it on the website.
    T.

3. valley23

valley23 Guest

Hi tbacchi!
    When I originally ordered my toppik, I saw the comb somewhere on their website. Now, I can't seem to find it anywhere on that same site. I did a google search for it and I'm pretty sure that Amazon sells it. (I'd post the link, but I dont know if the admin would remove it. ) I fyou type "Toppik" in the Amazon search, it should bring up a picture of it about half way down the page.

4. tbacchi

tbacchi Guest

I got an order of Toppik yesterday. In the package was a brochure for the Toppik Hairline Optimizer. ($5.95)
    T.

5. valley23

valley23 Guest

Thanks tbacchi! It's a lot cheaper from the Tippik company than it is from Amazon. What do you think, does it look like a good product? I am new to Toppik so I'm not that used to it yet, but to me it looks like something that could help.

6. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I just put one hand over my forehead while I shake the Toppik with the other, haven't really needed a special comb.

7. tbacchi

tbacchi Guest

I wouldn't waste my money on the comb either. I actually tilt my head back and shake it on.
    T.

8. Prini

Prini Guest

hi

When I should be going to sleep, I'm looking at my hair spaces and experimenting. I use Toppik some days, it dries my scalp so I try not to use it daily. I just sprayed the Toppik Freehold Spray after applying the product and it looks a little fuller, but smells a little fruity.

I'll spray a smaller amount next time.Goodnight.

Prini

9. Peony

Peony Guest

I used to use hair so real (http://www.add-hair.com is where i got it from), it was much less expensive than toppik, but the same effect. The toppik hairspray was good stuff, though.

Make sure you protect your nose and mouth and don't breathe in the fibers!!! I don't care that they say it's non-toxic, it CAN'T be good for you to inhale that stuff.

10. Prini

Prini Guest

Peony, I checked out the site, and it's much cheaper than Toppik. They have a good guarantee also.
    I will consider it next time I order.

Thanks so much.

Prini

11. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Prini, please let us know how this works. I just bought a giant size Toppik so won't need any for awhile but would like to find something cheaper as long as it works as well. Thanks!

12. Karen

Karen Guest

I know this is probably a silly question - but what does Toppik actually do? I was diagnosed with alopecia in may. Most not all has fallen out. But I do see growth. Some of its brown, most of it's white. Would this be something I can use?

13. valley23

valley23 Guest

Hi Karen.

Basically, Toppik is a jar of tiny little "hair fibers" - Keratin fibers. It looks kinda like colored dust. Anyways, you sprinkle the fibers on your hair and they cling to the existing hair and the other toppik fibers and hide the shiny scalp and make it look like you have more hair. For me, I use it at my part area and it fills it in. You can spray it with hairspray and it should last most of the day. As long as you have some hair for the toppik to cling to, it would work. Especially for the little white hairs you have, it may help to color and disguise those a bit.

14. Karen

Karen Guest

Thanks Valley. I'm going to try it as I think I have enough hair to do this. At least I'll do it at home on the weekends and see. I'm sick of wearing bandanas and scarves and forget the wig. That comes off at 5:01 on Friday and does not return until 8:31 on Monday!

15. valley23

valley23 Guest

You're welcome, Karen! Good luck, let me know how it works!
    I've also read that there are cheaper versions of Toppik, called Organin and HairSoReal. I think they can be ordered at Follica.com. I havent tried those, I'm happy with the Toppik but it does get expensive!