Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Toppik Vs Dermmatch Vs Volluma etc?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Adi, May 1, 2012.

1. Adi

Adi Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi,

I am reading for the first time about these options. What is your experience and which one works best? One says its better coz it sticks better and other spills and messes all over and each website is saying it is the best option.

Also, can you only buy these online? or are they available in stores as well?

2. Fluff

Fluff Guest

Just checked out the Volluma site...it looks interesting, but not available in the US. However, someone is selling it on Ebay for $56. Supposedly, it's somewhat waterproof and lasts more than one day.

Anyone ever use it, are they still making it?

3. Karen L

Karen L Guest

I used both, at the same time. I ordered mine online from Folica, but beauty supply stores may carry them. In my not-so-humble opinion they were a PITA, and I found that if they were on my head too long, or if I got caught in the rain, they'd start settling into my scalp, making me look like I had hair plugs.

4. Adi

Adi Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am travelling to a tropical country in the heat of the summer. I will be a house guest at some extended family. I am nervous about making a mess, especially without knowing about it. Or leaving marks on the pillow. It will be very very hot, its 85 there right now when its midnight. Its 105 F in the day. In June it will be close to 110 F.

Should I use toppik at all or not?

Also, I have black hair that I use Henna on, to cover the grays - should I go with black toppik or dark brown? I guess I will have to order and find out for this one.

5. Adi

Adi Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks CKingAnswers. So there is some hope.

Why do some of you use multiple concealers like Dermatch/Toppik at the same time? I am guessing its more coverage than either alone.

6. Adi

Adi Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes that helps! I started using the Caboki sample and am not sure how it looks outside the house, I am a bit conscious that it might be showing . Maybe I need Dermmatch as well.

7. OutofControl

OutofControl Guest

I have been using toppik for a long time because I am scared to make a change. Do you think other people can see the toppik in your hair? my biggest concern is other people noticing it. Has that ever happened to anyone?