Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

TOPPIK Warning!

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Angela75, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Angela75

Angela75 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, All. It's been a while since I've posted, but I wanted to share this story with you about Toppik use. I have been using toppik for about 4 years now and I love it.... it gave me back some confidence and it really has been a lifesaver, but I wanted to share my toppik embarrassment story so it doesn't happen to anyone else. We all know that when you sweat when using toppik, there is a very real possibility that you will have green sweat running down your face. I've dealt with this before, and was able to catch it before anyone else saw but I wasn't that lucky this past summer. I went to Bonnaroo with a group of friends and it was hot and humid and gross. Needless to say i didn't want to shower and do my hair every day so I wore a bandana most of the time. On the day I didn't shower but had used toppik the day before, i decided to wear a white bandana. Well, all was fine until about 4 hours into the day when my friends started asking me why the top of my head was neon yellow and green. I had no clue what they were talking about and had to run to a port-a-potty (YUCK) and take the bandana off to see. It looked like i had drawn all over the top of it with a yellow and green highlighter. How embarrassing! I guess the toppik mixed with the sweat had stained my bandana! Thankfully, one friend in the group knows that I use toppik and she had a black bandana that I could switch into really fast. I was sooooo humiliated but thank GOD everyone was drinking and no one even remembered the next day!

2. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I used Toppik for a number of years until my hair got too thin for it to be helpful - and I noticed the same thing. When you sweat the Toppik (I used a medium brown) turns a bronzy color. I didn't know it could go even further! I now wear a topper.

3. Angela75

Angela75 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I use the medium brown as well. You would think that they would test their product before putting it on the market. People with hair loss are already embarrassed by our hair! We definitely don't need green sweat and hair that glows under black lights too!

Are you bonding your topper now or are you using a clip in one? A topper is my next step. I just ordered one to be bonded... I'm really nervous/scared/excited/and a thousand other emotions all rolled into one about this huge step I'm taking....

4. LaurenEinFL

LaurenEinFL Guest

That's interesting. I still have "enough" hair to cover with the aid of a concealer, and my product of choice is Bumble & Bumble Hair Powder -- that stuff doesn't budge. I do have Toppik in light brown and will have to pay extra attention next time I wear it and I'm working out. Yikes!!

5. Angela75

Angela75 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I will have to try the bumble and bumble one! I've seen it, but have never tried it. Do you like it better than Toppik?

6. nikks2

nikks2 Guest

I would be interested to know your opinions between the bumble and bumble powder and toppik. Thanks.