Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"
  1. texan girl

texan girl Guest

I know many of u are using Toppik. as my frontal hairloss is getting worse, i think i may have to purchase Toppik since more scalp is becoming visible. those who use it regularly, can u tell me if it really does last all day? i want to be sure it is worth it before i purchase it. thanks.

2. Brenda

Brenda Guest

Yes, Toppik does last all day. It comes off when you take a shower. I don't advise getting caught in the rain though. I light drizzle for a few minutes is okay, but with anything more than that the powder starts to clump up.

3. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Can Toppik be used on the temple areas or is it only really good for the top of the head ????

4. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think success seems to depend on the color used. The darker colors look like "dirt" on your scalp, no matter what your natural hair color is, if your area of loss is big enough. But the lighter color doesn't cover as well. I try to mix the two or just sprinkle a bit of the darker color over the lighter color application. Not an ideal solution, but I wish I knew what was!

5. I have used Toppik for almost a year and I love it. It has been a real sanity saver for me.

It does last all day, but like others will say, watch out for the rain. I mix medium brown and blonde to get a good color match and then if I need to do small fill in touch ups on a few spots, I mix neutral brown tones of eye shadow an apply them with an eyeshadow brush directly to the spot.

I can honestly say that without Toppik, I am not sure I would have left my house in the last year.

6. texan girl

texan girl Guest

ok i just received my first bottle of Toppik yesterday. i got dark brown which actually worked out; however, it does look like dirt on my scalp. so if anyone sees the top of my scalp, if i were to wear my hair down, u can see it so obviously. however, if i pull it back in a ponytail, it doesnt show the dirt on scalp. its frustrating cos i wear my hair up anyway so i still cant wear it down then. but aside from that, toppik does help my hair look fuller on top but i dont know if i will use it as often as i hoped. :cry:

7. tbacchi

tbacchi Guest

Texas girl,
    I pat my head to get the excess off. I also try to brush it off of my scalp if I feel like I got too much on.
    T.

8. have you tried dermatch, i was wearing my hair up too then i got dermatch it allowed me to wear my hair down in different styles again. MAybe it will worked for you i have never tried toppikl but at this point i am happy wiht dermatch!

9. texan girl

texan girl Guest

no i dont know anything abt dermatch. let me do a search online about it. thanks alot! :)

10. lorraineC

lorraineC Guest

ohhh dermatch?? nottried that

i use nanogen which is apparently just as good as toppik according to the website i ordered it from

i carry it around in my bag. the site i got it from also recommended the spraytokeep it in place but i think thatsa con - i bought it -cost about £8 but ireckon normal hair spray is just as good.

with the tip about an eye shadow brush for top ups - wow!wicked idea! will try that!

11. Peony

Peony Guest

dermatch, in my opinion, sucks. toppik works well, but remember not to breathe in the fibers!

12. moviegirl

moviegirl Guest

Dermatch

Hi,

I agree with your opinion on Dermatch. I would rub and rub (using the distilled water, of course) and it seemed it hardly did a thing to improve my hair.

Toppik has its limitations but it's a lifesaver all the same. A few shakes and you're good to go!

Moviegirl

13. tbacchi

tbacchi Guest

Is it just me or does Toppik feel like curry when it goes up your nose???
    T.