Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Toppik

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Hayley, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Hayley

Hayley Guest

Since i've posted pics of my hair, some of you have suggested toppik and i've googled it. The uk site i found is hair123 and it looks amazing. Is it really THAT good? Are there any draw backs with it? and ladies in the uk who use it, where do you get it?

2. jakey123

jakey123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hair123 are excellent. Also consider their Fullmore. I personally prefer it.

3. Hayley

Hayley Guest

Why do you prefer it?

4. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

i also use fullmore, much better than toppik a more even spray and application plus it doesnt glow under certain lights like in bars, etc...

5. Hayley

Hayley Guest

:freaked2: :freaked:

(and now i realise this is in totally the wrong section :thumbsdown: sorry)

6. Hayley

Hayley Guest

Could someone move this to the right section please? :$

Well i was on hair123 lastnight and i ordered the toppik trial size for £4.95. I think i'll have a go at that, see how i get on and if i dont like it i'll try fullmore instead maybe

7. Hayley

Hayley Guest

Apologies if this question has been asked before, but i have a black friend who is also suffering with hair loss. Does anyone know if toppik would work on her hair? i know they do a black colour but i dont know if its ok on negro hair

8. jakey123

jakey123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi

I think both Topic and Fullmore would work . There is a demo of Fullmore on the Ellery site, as Lucinda uses it in the salon.

9. Hayley

Hayley Guest

Thanks Jakey

Ok i got the trial version of Toppik Hair Building fibres and i'm not convinced that its that great.

This is before toppik
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are after toppik
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It definitely masks the scalp, and it doesnt make it see through on the part anymore but i think i was expecting miracles, and wanted more hair, like this on the hair123 site
    [​IMG]

Was i being to hopeful or should i go for something else like toppek hair fattener, or maybe couvre hair expander?

10. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

ya know it looks more to me like she used fullmore possibly and toppik but definitely not just toppik, you also need to work with the products it took me a few weeks to perfect my concealing with the spray, hairspray etc...........also eyeshadow works nice to contour the scalp and doesnt come off on the crown.......

11. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

oh btw i use the toppik hair fattener before i blow dry, a GREAT product definitely thickens but just use a little bit it or it can lay greasy .......

12. Hayley

Hayley Guest

I was reading about that, and it sounds more like the thing i was after

13. sissi

sissi Guest

Can you please tell me wich colour of Toppik are you using here??

14. Hayley

Hayley Guest

Its the medium brown one

15. sissi

sissi Guest

Thanks for answering :),and does it look red on lights???

16. hairyape

hairyape Guest

I think the woman in the photo then parted her hair to the side and brought some of the fringe down around her forehead and used hairspray to keep the style in place.

So I think you have to play with the styling along with using the product, perhaps also trying a side part.

17. sissi

sissi Guest

My question it´s just about the colour...
    I just wanted to know if the MEDIUM BROWN look red in lights???
    I have brown hair,but it´s not very dark,I really don´t know wich colour to choose...

18. sissi

sissi Guest

Please help me girls!!! :$ :$

19. Hayley

Hayley Guest

I dont know. :dunno: I've never noticed it on mine but then i've only ever gone out in it twice and that was to the gym

20. Pearl

Pearl Guest

In the promo "before" picture, her hair is center-parted, like yours, to show the worst thinning, but then in her "after" shot, it is side-parted and styled to help cover the center. Maybe try a little creative styling in addition to the Toppik and see if you think it helps.