Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Totally At A Loss........."..............

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by TinaM1968, Mar 4, 2019.

1. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I’m just at a loss as to what’s going on with my hair. No one seems to have the same pattern as me or maybe it’s just so much loss I can’t tell a pattern. It’s started after an extremely stressful period followed by surgery and nothing but stress to follow for years. Going on 5. Im 50 now so many tests and drs and no answers. It start with one side thinning and one temple. Thick all over but there. Many vitamins ect and shampoos wasted only making things worse. I often wonderi if I just left things alone would it be better now. After every vitamin and such the hairvjust rebelled and got worse. 2 or 3 years in, the left side, the side that started it all,looked like someone tried to cut a side bang. It just was about 4 inches and never grow longer and got thinner. I never thought i lost handfuls but Found hair everywhere now I’m thin all over breakage bangs and sides hit hardest. I have time sit slows then something happens and it speeds up. I e prayed to no end. Even prayed for my end. Now I’m trying to just cope with things no more supplements for me I’m done that road I’m just so tired iof it. I want a normal life again. If I ca even remeber what normal is. I’m just so down over it all any improvement would be a blessing. I spent 5 years of my precious life on hair and here I am.

2. alomom

alomom New Member

Dislikes Received:
    So glad you have recognized that your life is precious, cause it is. I am the mother of a daughter with Alopecia Universalis and it has taken many years for me to accept what happened to her. She has moved on and has a wonderful fiancé, great job and so many friends I cannot keep up with her. Finding normal is different for everyone. For our daughter it was finding her the best hair pieces and learning to apply makeup and cosmetics that make her feel like she use to. There are not many answers to Alopecia, it is different for everyone but know this that the follicle typically is not damaged but it does the ability to regrow and hopefully with research and drug development it can be reversed. Ok that being said if you want to wear a wig and learn how to apply makeup etc that is out there for you. Wigs are so much better today and can really assist if that is what you feel you would like to do. I remember when my daughter lost her eyelashes and I thought I would going to just give up and crawl into a closet and never come out. When that feeling came on I found the most natural looking eyelashes and took her to the Mac Makeup counter and we learned how to apply them and how to apply eyebrows. It was these lessons that brought her to her normal and she has moved on and is living her life like everyone else. Your life is precious and we only have one life to live and you need to do that and if this website can help or I can we are all here for you.

3. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    I don’t have Alopecia Universalis. I’m not sure what I have going on really. I thought te then fpb maybe with some mpb then I thought manybe its cte due to stress and high cortisol levels. for awhile I even thought thyroid but I don’t know and apparently the medical profession doesn’t care as it’s not life threaten just life debilitating for me. The pattern doesn’t really fit anything specific. It gets tiring. I’m glad your daughter has excepted her condition and it enjoying life. Watching ones hair literally disintegrate off ones head it’s is just as horrible as not knowing why. Disintegrating, breaking, split ends, falling. My hair is areas almost looks fried. Anyone’s hair lol like this?

#3 TinaM1968, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  4. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    No one? I just can’t find anyone wi,th hair issues like mine

5. Joelle

Joelle New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Tina,
    I'm sorry you have to go through this, not knowing what's causing your hairloss. I'm still dealing with the same thing. My hair is getting thinner day by day, falling out and breaking off. Scalp is visible, hair powder/fibers don't work anymore. Dermatologists do nothing cause it's not life threathening. I bought a real expensive $3200 european human hair wig in a wig store last week.It's too small for my head, keeps slipping off. Allthough they said it was the right size. I wore it 2 hours when I went to swimming lesson with my son, when I was drying him off with the towel the wig fell off my head in front of everyone. Can't return it the store says. Don't know what to do...

6. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:

Hi. I did see your pics. My hair line looks similar. It looks like it could be te or male pattern.

My hair too is just getting worse and worse. I can’t take it. I am currently looking into getting extensions. It is not so easy since I have curly hair but it is giving me a bit t control.

I am at the point where I almost don’t even care if it damages my hair since I hate it so much.

My husband thinks I should look into my thyroid disorder more. As my thinning really starting to progress after I switched thryiod doses a little over a year ago. But honestly I am just sick of going I doctors.

7. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    You sound like me. I tossed around the thyroid thing for awhille I’m like you just sick of dealing with this hair and sick of looking at it. It’s just so unfair what mess are you taking for thyroid?