Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Tough Day - Need to vent

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Joann, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Girls,

I have accepted my hairloss for the most part. Every so often though I get my moments. Today is one of them. I don't believe I have ever heard or read words like this about myself in reference to either my age or appearance. I know the member was going for low blows but really???? I choose to post an avatar picture of my true self not for anyone's pity or revulsion. I do it in hopes of taking the stigma of shame we all feel when coping with hairloss no matter to what degree the loss is.

I will not or never have wanted to dig a hole for myself ever when going through an episode of Alopecia Areata. Life is just too precious and short as it is. I may not be a beauty queen but better to look as I do than to be a person who puts others down in such a manner.

Thanks for listening girls.

:grouphug:Joann

Why did you delete my post?
    You're nothing but a miserable bitch who wants to perpetuate misery. Everything I have ever said here is the truth and more than helpful. You're such a stupid woman, no wonder you can't grow your hair back. ****ing clueless old ****. You're 61 anyway. No one wants you to look good. Why don't you dig a ****ing hole for yourself and your goddamned pumpkin head and crawl into it and die?
    If you can't wear a wig-wear some ****ing concealer, you'd look less like a man dying of ;liver failure.
    ****ing old woman. Useless bint.

2. Janie-Ann

Janie-Ann Guest

Oh... my ... god.
    Sorry you were on the receiving end of such garbage. But honestly, that person is obviously mentally ill, so try not to take it personally. Maybe even find some compassion, because she must hate herself even worse.
    (ps: what's a bint?)
    LOL

3. megan99

megan99 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    There is no way to understand the nature of that post. It's not even wonder at its venomousness--it's just utter nonsense. There is not a ounce of reality in any of what was said.

I am sorry that you had to be exposed to such ugliness, Joanne. I whole heartedly agree with Janie-ann--that person must be in the worse sort of hell, and deserves our pity...

4. lilybug

lilybug Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    My guess is that this person makes a habit of doing this sort of thing, ie, dragging someone else down into the pond scum she inhabits. As I always told my kids, consider the source. And really, what is a bint? :D

5. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    If you all could help us by keeping an eye out for inflammatory posts and clicking the "!" triangle on them, that would really help us curb this individuals terrorizing of this forum. She has created multiple usernames.

Admin

6. Eve

Eve Guest

I am so sorry Joann that you had to be exposed to this garbage. This person must be mentally ill & miserable. She seems to be a cold person with no compassion. By reading her post I felt a little down today, but like you said life is too precious & too short. So please try not to take it personally. Like the ladies said she deserves our pity.
    Hugs,
    Eve

7. psychpharm

psychpharm Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow. That's so abhorrent and just pathetic. To think that this person has nothing better to do with their time.

I received a particularly vehement private message from someone like this as well. Probably the same person.

I recognize I may not be a very positive person but I certainly don't ever seek out to bring someone down, especially those who are suffering with illness. What a shame.

8. Din

Din Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    wow, Joann, I wouldn't give this post the time of day. This poster is just sick!! Please don't feel upset or take the words to your heart. This person obviously strives to make others upset. You are a beautiful person inside and out!!
    hugs,
    Din

9. nikks2

nikks2 Guest

What an absolutely terrible post, and utter nonsense ! Sorry you had to endure that Joann. I think you are a role model to us, as well as being very knowledgeable and supportive. Thank you x

It does make me worry sometimes on this forum, that there are so many 'guests'. I want to feel 'safe' here and not encounter that type of negativity. We expose ourselves and our inner feelings oftentimes, as if its not bad enough that we are dealing with hair loss, it makes me wonder who is out there reading the posts ? I would feel more comfortable if this group was private, and people had to register to access the info. Just my opinion.

10. Chickadee

Chickadee Guest

You look radiant in your picture, Joann! (I'm 50: if my skin looks as good as yours at 61, I'll be thrilled.) You've also got the heart of an angel. Please don't let this crazy post get you down.

11. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Dont waste your time letting this sad individual upset you, she obviously has serious issues. You are beautiful inside and out :)

12. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Girls, thank you so much for all your messages. :grouphug: I appreciate each and every one of them and it makes a world of difference for me to read all your kind & supportive messages after being subjected to such a vile one . I'm leaving this morning for the NAAF conference in St Louis, MA. The timing is perfect as it always empowers and lifts me to spend several days with my fellow alopecians. I'll tell you all about it when I get back.

Thanks again,

Hugs to all,
    Joann

13. BGS92

BGS92 Guest

What a shame, even surprises me how someone would sink so low. Like psychpharm said, I'm a negative person (or I've become one), but never would I use that negativity to attack someone, especially based on a condition they can do little or nothing about. That person must have a boring and lonely life, since they spend their time coming on a forum like this just to attack people and try and bring them down.
    PS. When I first saw your profile pic Joann, I swear my first thought was "wow! she looks so good bald!". You look happy, healthy and beautiful and since you seem to have a good heart you are more than that person will ever be. All he/she deserves is our pity, and nothing more.
    Hope you have a nice conference! Hugs

14. Sassy

Sassy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yuck! I think that person has a lot worse problems than my loss of hair. It reeks of hatred. Makes my troubles seem insignificant in comparison.

15. BARNEZ129

BARNEZ129 Guest

Goodness me...so much venom. I guess we should feel sorry for that person...clearly no joy in their life. You however Joann, clearly have an immense amount of joy in your life, judging by that beautiful smile:love:

16. DarkWitch

DarkWitch Guest

Troll

I've just read this and I'm really shocked. I'm so sorry you were spoken to like that. I personally think you're a very attractive lady with or without hair. Please don't call the nasty poster 'mentally ill' though guys: it's quite hurtful as I have a mental illness and I wouldn't speak to anyone like that. Whoever posted those nasty words just isn't a very nice person. this is a typical 'troll' so try not to take it personally Their hobby is based around posted random and things on the net to anyone and everyone in order to cause a reaction like this. They get a kick out of it.

17. BGS92

BGS92 Guest

:agree: One should be very careful using the term "mentally ill", because people who are "mentally ill" have a disease just like anyone with a physical disease only you cannot see it. I would know because I've suffered greatly from anxiety and depression, been delusional and down but today I know it's not my fault I am like this. It does not make me a bad person, I'm just unfortunate like that like loads of other people. The description "troll" is much more fitting for this person :) But anyhow, no matter what we know nothing about that person and what has made her do the things she does - or is it a HE?

18. DarkWitch

DarkWitch Guest

You know...funny you should mention that I wouldn't be at al surprised it it was a HE. No offence or sexism to men meant but most trolls (statistically) are men aged between 20-40 who don't have a job and spend most of their time at cyber cafes trying to upset people online. It's sad as. *rolls eyes* (they probably have inflatable girlfriends as well) :D

19. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Omg I just read this Joann. You look so radiant and happy in your pic. You really are 61? I thought you were 55ish. Ha ha ha. Is this the same crazy lady/man that pm'ed me? Weirdo alert. Now email me so I can show you my lovely daughter's grad pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh she said I probably have leathery skin from Minoxidal. Witch, my skin is smooth from Retin A. lol lol lol.

Oh and I mean no harm to mentally ill. This is unecessarily cruel and dumb.

20. eco_girl

eco_girl Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Joann- I'm so sorry you were treated that badly. The anonymity of the internet allows people to behave in just appalling ways. The job you do as moderator for the forum I'm sure can sometimes seem like a thankless task- this being one of those times. I, and I am sure the other members, certainly appreciate what you do on this forum. You did nothing to deserve that kind of treatment.

1 person likes this.