Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Treatments

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by newmom, Feb 18, 2008.

1. newmom

newmom Guest

Hi Ladies,

I was diagnosed 14 months ago with Alopecia Areata after having my 1st baby. For the last few months I've been getting shots, using olux foam & recently started using rogaine for men. My derm recommended this treatment as she'd read articles showing this combo has good results. I wondering if anyone has used this stuff & if it worked for you??? The mens rogaine is a little worrying.....are there adverse sid effects?

Thanks!

2. SAMANTHA07

SAMANTHA07 Guest

HI NEWMOM,
    MY Alopecia Areata ALSO APPEREARED AFTER CHILDBIRTH, MINE IS SEVERE , I LOST MY EYBROWS AND HALF MY EYELASHES AND LOTS OF BODY HAIR.

WHAT DID THE DOCTORS TELL YOU ABOUT BIRTH AND ALOPECIA?

3. newmom

newmom Guest

Hi Samantha07,

How are you? Basically, the docs think that childbirth triggered the Alopecia Areata. She told me many people are predisposed to get Alopecia Areata but need a trigger to get it. I had a severe case of pre-eclamsia when I had my baby & I was really ill. But as I'm sure you know the doctors still don't jknow enough about the disease!!!! :(

Did you have any treatment? How long has this been going on for you? I belong to another group & there are quite a few women who said thy got Alopecia Areata after having thier babies!!! Never would have thought this would have happened! Then I wonder if my Alopecia Areata was triggered by having a baby...maybe if I have another one it will stop??? Just wishful thinking!!!

4. SAMANTHA07

SAMANTHA07 Guest

well i am using minoxil and had a month on steroid tablets.
    mine doctor told me also that birth triggered Alopecia Areata.