Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Tried my Toppik!

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Bri, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Bri

Bri Guest

Note: The BEFORE photos are at the bottom, just the way the uploader works.

So I got my Toppik yesterday in the mail and finally got to give it a shot this morning. I didn't have time to curl my hair or anything, and while I was satisfied with the added "coverage" that the new cut and color have given me but I figured I would see what the Toppik would do. I have to say I am pretty satisfied! I didn't put much on (I was afraid of using too much) and next time I'm going to use more, but especially just looking at me from the front it made a huge difference! The pictures are not that great, and there was an intense harsh light overhead so just keep that in mind and know that I didn't use very much.

The only product in my hair was a dime-sized amount of Redken Matte Sponge, which is actually a texturizer but my stylist discovered it adds thickness to the hair. Just rubbed it on my hands and ran my fingers through my hair... Other than that, nothing. No volumizer, no vigorous backcombing, no mousse - nothing!

To apply the Toppik I just sort of shook it on and then fluffed and tousled my hair with my fingers. Finally gave it a light comb-through and blasted with hairspray.

It was about 30 degrees today and I have a fair sized walk from the main campus building to my car, not to mention running back and forth to classes and sweating but I didn't notice any discoloration and I can't see anything on my scalp.

So far I am pretty impressed and happy with Toppik. I will use more tomorrow and I think the next time I order I will spring for the pump applicator.

Attached Files:

2. RugBug

RugBug Guest

Looking good Bri!!!

3. Lost

Lost Guest

looks like good coverage!! :)

4. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Toppik did the trick for me for a long time, until I had lost too much hair over too much of my head. I would place a pipe cleaner next to my scalp before shaking on the Toppik to define the part, more natural looking. Also would use hairspray lightly before sprinkling on the Toppik, followed by hairspray afterwards.

5. Lost

Lost Guest

Lily good tips thanks. :)

6. I'm so happy it's all coming together for you! :)

7. LadyGodiva

LadyGodiva Guest

Looking good, Bri!

8. Adi

Adi Member

Dislikes Received:
    Looks really good.. very encouraging. I am ordering it today as well.

9. Adi

Adi Member

Dislikes Received:
    Looks really good.. very encouraging. I am ordering it today as well.