Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Tried Onion juice but I need HELP...

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by worriedmommy, Jan 21, 2012.

1. jean38

jean38 Guest

Wow, I've never heard of onion juice to battle hair thinning before. This sounds so simple, I might just try it! Been experiencing alarming hair fall recently, and it's starting to worry me. I've also just started using a "medicated" soap with sulfur and zinc oxide (yes, soap, but it can be used to "shampoo" the hair as well, says so on the box). So far it's relieved my itching and oiliness, but I still have hair fall.

2. raaha

raaha Guest

Hi waterbaby,
    I am thinking to start onion juice. I am on minoxidil till now. You said that you used minoxidil but then discontinuing minoxidil and starting onion juice, did you undergo through any shedding phase and did you continue to use it in the long course and if so, may i know how this remedy go?
    Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hi waterbaby,
    I am thinking to start onion juice. I am on minoxidil till now. You said that you used minoxidil but then discontinuing minoxidil and starting onion juice, did you undergo through any shedding phase and did you continue to use it in the long course and if so, may i know how this remedy go?
    Thanks

3. Youngmummy

Youngmummy New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, I am really keen to know if you are still using onion juice? Did you experience any shed when started?

4. Distraughtshedder

Distraughtshedder Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'd imagine you need to strain it with something like cheese cloth. That being said .... I can only think there is no way to completely get rid of the odor. Where did you hear of this treatment and are you supposed to do it daily?

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed this is from a few years ago

5. Gargi

Gargi New Member

Dislikes Received:
    onion juice

To achieve hair growth with the help of onion juice you need to extract the juice of the onions and apply it on the scalp thoroughly. Though, the juice has a pungent smell, the remedy is highly effective in achieving the results you need. You need to keep the juice on the scalp for at least 30 minutes. You can keep it for longer if you will be able to bear the smell of the juice. Rinse off the juice using water and mild shampoo. You will have to repeat this remedy at least thrice a week for at least two months to see the results.

Onion juice for hair growth

· Peel the onions and chop them into small pieces.
    · Squeeze the juice out. To extract the juice, you can use a food processor, a blender, a grater or a juicer.
    · Massage the juice into your scalp or cover the bald patches.
    · Leave on for at least 15 minutes (longer if you can tolerate the smell) and then wash out using a mild shampoo.

Onion and honey mix for hair growth

· Mix ¼ cup of onion juice with 1 tablespoon of honey (if more mixture is required, double the amounts).
    · Apply the paste onto your scalp.
    · Leave it on for at least 30 minutes.
    · You can also cover it with a shower cap and leave it overnight.
    · Rinse it off.

This is a natural treatment, so you’ll have to be a bit patient to see the results. Use it daily (or minimum three times a week) and allow at least two months for your hair to start becoming stronger and shinier.