Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Trying to hide my hair powder on holiday!!!

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Beugan, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Beugan

Beugan Guest

Hi everyone,

I'm going to France (from the UK, it's a short trip and we're travelling by coach on the ferry) and I wear Nanogen Fibres on a daily basis. It's that powder that basically colours in your scalp to cover bald bits. I'm just worried about my friend finding out! She's trustworthy but doesn't know and I'd rather she didn't know that I use the powder.
    My question is, does anyone know if my bag will get checked on the ferry to France? I'd really hate for the security people to scan my bag, see a suspicious looking container of powder and open it and question me about it in front of everyone!

Help!

2. AmyCE

AmyCE Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Eurostar has metal detectors so it's probably the same for the ferry. As long as it's in the original packaging, I can't imagine that it would raise any red flags. If they end up taking it out (which I doubt), you can always say something casual like it's dry shampoo or something. And if not, maybe a good time to confide in your friend--I find the harder I try to hide things from people who could be a support to me, the worse it ends up. Everyone has been really kind about my hair loss and it's really helped to lean on my friends.

3. mommy2

mommy2 Guest

I'd just keep it in a makeup bag and apply when you are in the bathroom. Bring a hand mirror!