Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

ugh

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by rayneStormRN, May 12, 2007.

1. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

ok, ive had a lot of regrowth since steroid injections, but at one point the doctor looked at my head and said, "ok, we're going on a different tactic" and did an im injection, i saw no results from that, excpet perhaps a little less spreading.......anyhow the original injections caused regrowth, and i'm down to fifteen or so spots. MEANING a lot o fhair is GROWING back in.

tonight, i'm looking in mirror after work, and shower etc...i have new spots, AGAIN, UGH

it's frustrating, i was hoping that my hair was growing back, but now i'm tinking it's not. let me rephrase that. it' growing back, but it's still falling out, and i'm still finding new spots, and it's driving me nuts. just hen i think MAYBE i'm going to have MY HAIR back, new spots show up, i just want to SCREAM!!!

what im wondering now is...............should i keep treateing it???

or should i just let it go.

some people have Alopecia Universalis, or AT, or etc, and they have nice SMOOTH heads, i don't!!!!!

but i have a feling if i let i go it will go there,BUT i want my hair back.

i'm in a quandary.

my boyfriend takes me as i am. he would PREFER i had hair, but he takes me as i am, and with summer coming, i'm worrying abou the additional heat of a wig.

ugh, i'm not sure what i'm looking for here, i think i'm at a point where i'm wondering, hair is comign back with indivial "spot" injectiong, bur when the hair loss is very extreme, i get intramuscular injectionss, which don't regrow the hair.

ugh, i'm rambling on again, but what i am wondering, is should i just let it og, or should i keep fighting the hairloss?

what i'm ultimately thinking is IF it doesn't grow back, ALL of it, i want it all to all out.

i think i could go BLAD, but blotchy i can't do!!!!!!!!!

i have support, no mattr what i do, i need advice, i'm floundering here.

2. dreamweaver

dreamweaver Guest

(((RayneStorm))))

My heart truly goes out to you. My Alopecia Areata started in May 2005 - it was not done falling out until almost October. My derm and I stopped the injections in August and did a wait and see. Hon, I lost 95% of my hair and it was in patches just like yours. The shots are good in small areas but because mine was so extensive, we quit. If you still have small areas, I would say go for it and keep doing it. If your hair is falling like mine, I would skip a few and do a wait and see. Your hair will be a pin cushion if you don't. Your hair still falling means that the Alopecia Areata is still active. This disease is so unpredictable it's hard to tell what will happen. I was lucky in that once it fell out it came back all of it. You just have to be patient. Hang in there!

3. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

i can usually deal with it ,yesterday it was really buggin me for some reason.
    probably going to go for a few more injections, and then decide wether to let it go or not.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

can you use makeup on the spots on your head that are discolored?
    what does your doctor say about it?

i am fortunate because i am one of those bald Alopecia Universalis ladies who has a sensually smooth head. and no discoloration.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

as far as the summer heat goes, what i do much of the time during the summer is wear headscarves of light feminine fabrics. it is more comfortable than wearing a wig. and headscarves caqn be as attractive, if not more so than hair or wigs.

6. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

the blotchy isn't from discoloration of the skin at all, it's from where there is shaved hair, and no hair.

i'll have to look into the scarf idea, this is still so new to me that i'll try anything. i think i'm just ready for the rest of it to come out, if it won't all grow back.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

if the spots are from shaved hair i have a suggestion.

my friend monique does not have alopecia but for fashion reasons and because she likes wearing the bald look and her husband likes the bald look on her, she shaves her head and wears the bald look.

you can barely see a trace of her hair on monique's head because she lathers up and uses a triple edge razor to get a really close shave, and i know she shaves both with and against the grain of her hair.
    i believe she uses the mach III razor.

you might need to shave twice a day to really keep it smooth and hairless.

some women, if they realize that much of the hair on their head will never grow back, have the rest removed by lazer or electrolysis. i read about that.

headscarves are wonderful, and there are various websites that can tell you different ways to tie them and wear them.

best wishes.

8. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

i did my first razor shaved scalp today. used a fusion, has five blades. my head is smooooooth to the touch, but i can still SEE where the hair was actually growing, and where it wasn't, but much less than without razor. I'm not sure if that is something that i'll just have to deal with, but it does feel nice with no stubble.

hehe, my boyfriend has the idea that the new razor is HIS, lmao, i told him we'd share it.

9. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

ok, i did it, my first venture outside without hair. gotta get used to it before summer gets here, or i'll be too chicken.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

good for you rayne, on your new beautiful smooth bald head, and going out wearing your bald look!
    you go girl!
    .............be sure and wear some attractive long earrings, your makeup, and a beautiful dress or skirt and blouse when you go out wearing your bald look. doll yourself up beautiful and feminine to compliment your beautifully sensual bald look! :wink: :D

11. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

i'm working on it, it will be awhile before i go to "real public" places with the bald look, but i'm working on making the rest of me look better. I've never worn makeup, but my boyfriends ex roommate is giving me "lessons", so i'm working on that. i'll have to get back in the habit of wearing earings