Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Understanding Stylist in San Francisco?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by 2banonymous, Jul 18, 2005.

1. 2banonymous

2banonymous Guest

I've been terrified of getting my hair cut since my current dread shed but am getting so ratty looking, I feel I must. I'm afraid to go to my previous salons because they're so trendy and I want someone who can be gentle with me and make the most of what I have left. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    A.

2. skyline

skyline Guest

I have posted about this guy before, but Roland, the owner of Elevations Salon right across from the Sutter/Stockton Garage, is really great. The salon IS trendy, and it's expensive, but he is very kind and gentle. Plus, you don't have to tip b/c he's the owner.
    Jessica
    (San Francisco is my home town, even though I've lived in NYC for four years! Hoping to get back there some day soon...)

3. 2banonymous

2banonymous Guest

Thank you!!!

4. Mane_Trouble

Mane_Trouble Guest

I just found someone recently who gave me the best haircut (FINALLY!) I've had in awhile + she operates in the privacy of her home + she is in the Bay Area...PM me if you would like me to provide info...I am one happy customer!!!

5. krapiva

krapiva Guest

Not exactly in SF, but close enough, in San Mateo. I've just got a haircut in l-salon from Maria. I feel she's done a terrific job *other than the fact that she was trying to sell me Nioxin*, and was very gentle and understanding...they have a website, i believe it's http://www.lsalon.com
    They also specialize on hairstyles for a lot of models...Overall, i am pretty happy with what i've got *except for all the new thinning spots that i've discovered :(*

6. kcsunshine

kcsunshine New Member

Dislikes Received:
    This is a really old post! But, I wanted to reply to see if anyone has any good suggestions in the San Francisco area! I need to find a new stylist that can cut my bio hair and cut in a topper/wig. Thanks!

7. HHz

HHz New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have you tried Inna at D'Art salon in San Francisco?

8. kcsunshine

kcsunshine New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes. I have gone to Inna to do cut-ins and color my bio hair. And I really like her. But there is no privacy at all in the salon and my loss has gotten to the point where I am not comfortable to be sitting in a large open window for everyone I the salon and walking by to see I wish she would consider doing private hours for us. But understand why she doesn’t.

9. HHz

HHz New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi,
    David at Joseph Cozza salon in downtown SF- not sure if he is still there because it was about 7 yrs ago. Kelly at Face to Face salon in West Portal, San Francisco- has a private room.

10. kcsunshine

kcsunshine New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. Have you been to Kelly? I used to go to F2F many, many years ago. Kelly's mom did my hair and she did the best cuts to make my thin hair look better. I got my first integration unit from her (which I never wore) but Raine was great. I had a friend that went to Kelly after Raine passed away and she did not have a good experience so I didn't consider going there. But, maybe I should give her a try.