Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Unsure and scared

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Anj0304, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Anj0304

Anj0304 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi,
    I have recently been diagnosed with female pattern baldness. I am getting a 3rd opinion because the first person I saw said it was telogen hair loss and the second said fphl. I was just wondering how much hair do you lose when you have female pattern hair loss? because lately I have quote a bit of hair loss when brush my hair and even when I run my hand through my hair.
    thankyou

2. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You'd need a biopsy to know for sure. There is no way for anyone on this board to know what kind of hair loss you have.

3. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have been losing hair since perimenopsuse, now 69. My loss goes on but I lose less hair when running my hand through - of course there is less to lose. I have lost a good deal of body hair, terrible eyelashes but decent eyebrows left. I have worn a HH topper for over 9 years, now bond since there isn't enough isn't enough bio hair to securely clip.

4. JenVoy

JenVoy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    How much hair do you lose daily? Also, when did hair loss start? Did you have a trigger?

I have lost 70% of my hair in 16 months due to trazodone that I took for 1 month. I am loosing clumps of hair when I wash daily. I'm guessing 150+. I know my loss is due to CTE.

5. Anj0304

Anj0304 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I used to lose not too much, never enough to make me keep count. but now every time I brush my hair run my hand through my hair its about 3-6 hairs come out at a time. when I wash my hair I lose about 20-30 hairs (it used to be under 20).
    my hair loss started around may/june this year but has got worse in the last 1-2 months.
    I stopped taking the pill in april this year, and my dog also passed away in January this year from congestive heart failure (I was very close with her and we did everything together. my sister has also been in and out of psych wards this year as she is not too well.
    also a lot of times when i cant handle stressful situations i end up pulling my hair out (always at the front) im not sure if this has an effect at all, i do want to get a scalp biopsy because i don't want to start Spironolactone if its not fphl.