Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Up close hair loss pics**

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by Blue Bird, May 18, 2009.

1. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

Sadie

I have the following symptoms:

Hair loss, dry brittle hair
    Depression
    Fatigue
    insomnia
    short term memory loss
    Skin and nail problems
    Dry eyes
    no energy
    heart palpitaions
    rashes/hives
    dark cirlces

etc etc... :(

2. sadie_2008

sadie_2008 Guest

Yep BB - we're in the same boat, urggghhhh! I forgot the dark circles on my list, lol.

Can i just say to others on here who think BB's hair loss is fine and not "as severe" as someone else's....that i have corresponded with BB for some 1-2 years on this and another forum. I understand she had thick hair, like me, and now it has thinned. I can see the difference in her before hair and current hair.

Any amount of hair loss for most women is devastating. If i compare myself to someone who has a wide part, sure i'm not as bad in terms of hair loss, but compared to what i DID have it IS bad for ME!

Please can we just stop attacking one another on here. We're supposed to be on here for support. Tis bad when it gets like this :shakehead:

3. beachlover24

beachlover24 Guest

I agree, sadie. Everything is relative. Everyone does not react the same way to everything. My hair loss is not that bad compared to some women’s, but that does not mean I am not suffering. I do not understand why people feel the need to be cruel to each other. Some people may react to hairloss with more anxiety or depression than others, and it is not acceptable to tell them their feelings are unwarranted. What someone feels is real to them, even if u disagree!

4. kaylee

kaylee Guest

:agree:

5. aries

aries Guest

BB - I'm a little puzzled as to why you took down my post? It was not negative at all. If anything, I was telling you not to spend your life in this deep dark hole that I'm stuck in. Get out and enjoy life while your hair still looks fantastic. You told me in a private message that I did not offend you. I'm puzzled?

6. kimm

kimm Guest

aries -

I don't think anyone but admin can take down a post.

I think there's probably been some miscommunication on how it was read.

I think everyone here knows what you meant and that you weren't being mean at all.

7. kimm

kimm Guest

?!)21

BB and Sadie -

I'm starting to wonder again if my thyroid is part of the issue here.

I don't have high antibodies, but I do measure as slightly hypo.

Estrogen came back fine so it's dawned on me that a lot of my symptoms are also hypo symptoms...

I seem to share some with you and Sadie!

- hair loss
    - change in texture
    - fatigue
    - dry skin
    - Dark circles (is that a symptom?)
    - depression
    - anxiety
    - no short term memory

Once I finally get to the bottom of where my testosterone is, this has to be the next thing I tackle.

I think that one of the supplements I started might be beneficial to the thyroid, but I need to do a little more research before I say for sure.

8. sadie_2008

sadie_2008 Guest

Hi Kimm,

Yes i went down the same route as you did - all tests came back fine except positive antibodies. I didnt think too much of that result until some months later and then i began my research and realised i am experiencing not only the hair thinning symptom but the others you and BB have listed above.

See: http://thyroid.about.com/cs/basics_star ... tibody.htm

9. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I don't think she took it down... you can't do that on this site. It probably didn't upload properly.. it tends to happen to me a lot here.

10. RobinL71

RobinL71 Guest

BB... I have hashimoto's thyroiditis and my thyroid is completely "normal" as well... but... the antibodies cause inflammation in your body and could very well be causing inflammation in your follicles... it did mine... and sidebar here... stress aggravates autoimmune conditions...

Here are some ideas I can give you based on my own experience...

Have you looked into Evening Primrose Oil? If you haven't... you should... EPO is well known for treating inflammation from autoimmune conditions and is beneficial to the thyroid as well...

Also... I can't take regular multi-vitamins... my body doesn't assimilate them well at all... which makes sense bc having Hashi's compromises my body's ability to metabolize... so you should switch to a whole food multi... such as Garden of Life brand or New Chapter brand...

Another thought... that Nu Hair supplement has He Shou Wu in it... known by TCM practitioners for regulating hormones AND for hair health...

What is your current regimen? Maybe I can give you some additional pointers...

11. RobinL71

RobinL71 Guest

p.s.... those "frizzies" are baby hairs that have not fully matured... in other words... regrowth...

12. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

Aries

I did not take your post down :( You did not offend me at all and never have, I meant it! ;)

Robin

My current regime is:
    Hair skin and nails vitamin by Country life
    Vitamin D3 by Countrylife
    Ultra Omega 3-6-9 by Countrylife
    Yasmin
    Rogaine
    nizoral
    mediceuticals

I would LOVE a new regime to try!! Please tell me!

Maybe I should add EPO?? I bought some probiotics but was not good at remembering to take them...same with some other supps... :innocent:

13. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

I think at least half of them are breakage due to my dry brittle hair.
    If some are regrowth, it's strange, because I have had these frizzies for the better part of a couple years now! :shakehead:

14. RobinL71

RobinL71 Guest

rogaine and yasmin huh? And you're sure the yasmin isn't causing this or at least aggravating it?

Anyway... where you do have the high thyroid antibodies... I would definitely recommend getting on Evening Primrose Oil AND probiotics...

Not sure about the country life brand vits... never heard of them... but if there's iodine in your vits... that's probably not helping things... iodine supplementation seems to aggravate autoimmune thyroiditis...

15. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

Queston, I take the fish oils to regulate my cholesterol. Could I replace these with the EPO??

My hair was doing well until I started screwing with the hormones...I was SUPER SLOWLY thinning then.....

I am scared to quit though since every text book says BCP is good for hair!! :crazy:

I will check for iodine in my vitamins...

16. RobinL71

RobinL71 Guest

EPO is diff from fish oil... but fish oil is supposed to be good too... you can do both...

I have heard from alot of women who have experienced hair loss as a result of yasmin... I have heard of people having success w/ it but those stories are few and far between... the thing is that if your hormonal issues are a result of the autoimmune thyroiditis and it very well could be... then you should be focusing on the autoimmune thyroiditis... make sense?

17. miche777

miche777 Guest

Has anyone here with high thyroid antibodies tried selenium or heard of it working to reduce the antibodies?

I was sharing my story with a nurse at our hospital and she was telling me how it took years for her to get diagnosed with Hashis and selenium gets her antibodies down. Then, on another hair loss site, one gal said that's how she got hers down too (she doesn't have "hashis" but had high antibodies...?).

Anyway, I don't know much about it; just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone wants to do some googling about.

What a crazy boat we're all in! We should all share our stories in a book. Crazy madness hairloss.....

PS: I have those dark circles too...what's that all about? My other symptoms (all the ones you listed, BB) have all gone away, except my hair hasn't grown completly back yet. Still working on that.

18. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

Miche

I was told by an endo that selenium helps too..maybe I should start it again??

19. sadie_2008

sadie_2008 Guest

WTF, i typed a reply and it went through but it isnt on the thread :sobbing:

Ok, well, in summary - i was responding to Miche asking her how she managed to clear up her symptoms?

Also, i have tried Selenium from my alternative doctor who helped me, or tried to help me, with my thyroid issues.

Nothing improved...for me anyway.

20. mythreeboys

mythreeboys Guest

I've also heard this of selenium. Worth a try BB