Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Up close hair loss pics**

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by Blue Bird, May 18, 2009.

1. miche777

miche777 Guest

I honestly don't know what's happening. From about 2004 to January 2009, I suffered from HORRIFIC night sweats, insomnia, irritability, depression, debilitating fatigue, painful body (hard to say exactly where the pain was coming from), and numbness/tingling in my hands and feet, among other things (gradual consistent hairloss bringing me to about 60+% GONE).

In February of this year, I noticed my night sweat stopped. I've sweat at night, for a bit (not profusely, like soaking the sheets, like I used to), a few times, but nothing major.

For the past 1-2 months, all of the other symptoms are disappearing, even the numbness/tingling - gone! My hands and feet would fall asleep all the time, even while running on the treadmill. ??? It has stopped, after all these years.

In retrospect, I actually think the rogaine has helped with the night sweats. Sounds crazy but it's a vasodialator, so it's actually POSSIBLE. I'm also dousing my head with estrogen (ell-cranell) but it's not supposed to get into the system, so I don't know with that one.

As far as the rest of it, it has to be the iodine, in my case. I haven't been taking the maca very long, but that could be helping too.

The only real "symptom" I still have some problems with (besides hairloss which is actually getting better as well!) is moodiness and irritability, esp. before my period. I bought some St. Johns Wort and I swear, it works! That, along with Black Cohosh. I guess I should add the Black Cohosh as part of my regimen because here in Germany, it's used for hairloss, but I'm using it to balance my mood, create calm, etc.

So, I don't know. I did nothing and took nothing during my "crisis" years from 2004-Jan 2009 and over these past several months, everything seems to be getting better. I even lost more weight (7 lbs since January). My hair is definitely filling in; I'm scared to jump up and down for joy, but the top is actually starting to get thick again.

2. miche777

miche777 Guest

3. kilkea

kilkea Guest

Blue Bird,
    I am a newbie, so I know you probably already posted before, but are you considering a topper? Would that extra coverage help you get thru this?

4. GypsyKate

GypsyKate Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    It's not a bad idea to take selenium anyway. It plays an important role in cancer prevention as well.

5. curlylocks

curlylocks Guest

Hi BB, my endo is treating me for antibodies, even though my thyroid levels were normal. There are some doctors out there that will do it. She's monitoring me pretty closely, though, and even upped my doseage after the last test.

6. mymane

mymane Guest

Blue Bird

I noticed something in your last two photos that I had and still have.
    The smaller hairs that appear frizzy, or have a little curly.wavy appearance to them. That is exactly the way mine began and they use to be straight after blow drying. Also your thin hair is similar to mine in the beginning, and mine was very thick at the bottom.
    I was diagnosed with trichinosis and what can happen is the hair can twist and knot. I don't touch my hair only to comb, shampoo very gentle. The more movement the more it began to knot.
    However, I was also diagnosed with Eczema, dermatitis, and female pattern hair loss.