Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

update pictures-18mths on rogaine

Discussion in 'Girl Talk!' started by kiara, Jun 29, 2008.

1. kiara

kiara Guest

Okay, so I was on 2% all throughout 2007. Since beginning of 2008 I switched to 5% once a day in the morning whilst maintaining 2% once a day at nighttime and then gradually moved up to 5% twice daily and stopped the 2%. So overall I've been on Rogaine for around 18 mths.

Here's after 13 months on rogaine (I posted this before under Girltalk on a thread titled 'before after')

Here's photo 18 mths, taken yesterday (sorry it's blurry)

2. kiara

kiara Guest

Ok, more pics taken yesterday:

With flash ( :crazy: arrgh it looks so bad!!)

No flash

This one was taken in the bathroom, in sunlight.

3. kiara

kiara Guest

In the bathroom too, out of the sun

[attachment=0:26uxc7af]IMG_0609.jpg[/attachment:26uxc7af]

Excuse the rollers in my hair :woot:

Attached Files:

4. livEyourlife

livEyourlife Guest

Ah! You finally posted them!
    Were you trying out the rollers then? LOL =)

It DEFINITELY looks better. Because WITH flash NOW is the equivalent of NO flash back in 2007. And those hairs in front of your face that are kinda short looks like regrowth. I don't think you lost Rogaine shed hair only to get back to where you began with!

I think your part kinda reminds me of my own part lol except yours looks better straight on.

5. mjh

mjh Guest

Looks like Rogaine helped! Is your hair loss only along your part line? I have Androgenetic Alopecia too and while my part is horrible, I have diffuse thinning as well, so I was just wondering about that.

Your hair looks good! :jump:

6. sadie_2008

sadie_2008 Guest

Yep, your hair looks lovely and not at all showing any loss. Glad Regaine worked for you!

7. Looks so great - much much better!!

8. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Kiara

Your hair looks extremely shiny and healthy!

I'm glad that Rogaine is working for you!

HA

9. ttc

ttc Guest

Kiara~It definitely looks like the part has filled in..so happy for you!! Good thing you stuck it out so long, the results didn't seem to show until well after a year. How is your shed now or have you totally stabilized?

10. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow- that is really to see that Rogaine does help some women! Sure do have to stick to it though! I am glad it has filled back in- I think it looks great!

11. Angela75

Angela75 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Kiara, it looks fantastic!!! I'm so happy you're getting good results from the Rogaine!!

12. Pearl

Pearl Guest

Dramatic difference, Kiara. It looks really good. I'm so happy for you!

:bravo:

13. kiara

kiara Guest

Everyone (Angela, Pearl, Sadie, MJH, kitkat, Liv, ttc, HA, Deede), thanks heaps for your compliments, they mean a lot to me as it's so hard for me to see any difference, and only you guys can tell!

Okay now let me reply to your comments.

LOL i didn't actually have rollers in my hair, I used curling tong and then kept the curls in place with bobby pins, so no rollers at all. When you said "NO flash back in 2007" did you mean the photo of me with the dog?
    And yes, I have LOADS of short short hair in front of my face, so many of them. Though I'm not sure if they're regrowth or dying hair. But as you all said, the only way to tell is take pics.

MJH, my loss is not just along the part line. I actually have diffuse thinning, the back of my head (under the crown) is quite sparse. So I apply rogaine basically all over.

ttc, my shed keeps going up and down. At the moment it's up and it's been up like this for over a month now, which has made me feel so down lately. But after taking the pics, I think that maybe all the time the shed has been well replaced. Let me tell you, my fiance said "Your hair confuses me, one week it looks like you haven't got any improvement at all from your treatments, two weeks later it looks great! I really don't understand"
    You see, he said this many times throughout the 18 mths I've been on rogaine. The last time he said it was last weekend. My shed fluctuates between 20 - 40 a day, 20 being 'I'm okay' and 40 being 'I'm depressed'. There was a few short time where I shed only 10-15 a day and it's been a while since I've had that.

So let me conclude by saying, no I don't know if my shed has stabilised and i don't know what a stable number would be. But maybe as long as the shed keeps being replaced then all is good, no?

14. alicat

alicat Guest

it really looks to me like your part is narrower!

yay!

15. kiara

kiara Guest

Thanks, Alicat. I really appreciate your compliment. I checked for PCOS the other week and I don't have it.

16. livEyourlife

livEyourlife Guest

The one where you had your head down with the dog, yes.
    It looks too thick to be dying hair.. minitiarized hair looks like crap.

17. alicat

alicat Guest

i am happy you don't have it! it's a sucky syndrome and i hate it!!!

18. mjh

mjh Guest

:agree: Hate PCOS. :(

19. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

ALi and MJH

How were you diagnosed with PCOS again??

20. mandymane

mandymane Guest

I think your part looks narrower as well and your texture and shine look great. I have been on rogaine for almost 2 years now and nothing, but I fear if I stop I will lose more. Do you think if I haven't had regrowth yet I should just stop?