Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Using Rogaine and Dermmatch

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by thehairblues, Jul 16, 2005.

1. thehairblues

thehairblues Guest

I am new to this forum and hope I can get some feedback on a question I have concerning rogaine and dermmatch. Since rogaine requires 2 applications per day, I usually put on the first application in the morning, wait for it to dry, and then apply the dermmatch. (I just recieved the dermmatch today and am not sure I am liking it so much because it rubs off) For the 2nd application of rogaine, I usually put it on at night at least 2 hours before I go to bed. My question is, do I have to wash my hair again to get rid of the dermmatch to put the 2nd application of rogaine on? Does anyone use dermmatch with rogaine? Could you tell me how you do your routine? I'm worried that the rogaine won't absorb into the scalp with the dermmatch still on.

2. lilmermaid

lilmermaid Guest

Hi, I've asked a similar question to your sometime back and didn't get much response. So, let me tell you how I went about it. I think it's fine to use the Rogaine again without washing your hair in the morning, I don't think it interferes with the absorption. But what I found was that the combination of Rogaine plus the Dermatch made my scalp really sticky and oily. I also hated to rub the Rogaine in because the Dermatch was rubbing off onto my fingers! I think you definitely have to wash your hair atleast every other day otherwise i could tell it had a really powdery look on my hair(which actually flaked if you rubbed) when the Rogaine was dry. Taking all this into consideration I just recently quit using the Rogaine because it was too much hassle and made very little difference. I guess you just have to work with it and see what's best for you. Let me know how your experience goes. Good Luck!

3. thehairblues

thehairblues Guest

Well, I emailed Dermmatch yesterday about the 2nd application of Rogaine with Dermmatch on and they said you have to wash Dermmatch out in order for the Rogaine to absorb. I usually wash my hair in the morning with my shower so I'd hate to wash it again in the evening again. I'm worried even more hair would come out. So, I'm sending the Dermmatch back and I bought myself an integration hair piece today instead. We'll see how that goes.