Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Vaniqa

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by kaylee, Aug 10, 2008.

1. kaylee

kaylee Guest

If any of you have facial hair issues I would seriously SERIOUSLY consider this before lazer, its much cheaper.

I barely have to pluck anymore, and when the hair grows back its so fine and light that its not even noticable!

2. dying curls

dying curls Guest

Are you sure it is the vaniqa alone that does this??
    you are also on yasmin and Spironolactone, for me just being on antiandrogen made my chin hair finer and finer until they went back to invisible blond normal hair on women face.
    aantiandrogen like Spironolactone and the one in yasmin do that as well. it can takes up to one year on some people to see the effects.

3. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Yes becuase I started using Vaniqa WAY before the Spironolactone and the results have been amazing ever since.

4. mjh

mjh Guest

does it work on body hair? My legs are hairy. I have a few coarse hairs on my neck but nothing major.

5. kaylee

kaylee Guest

It should..hair is hair right? I read in a magazine that you can use it on your bikini line. But you'd have to buy an awful lot to put it all over your legs. The stuff is awesome though.

6. mjh

mjh Guest

Oh how cool! thanks! I am going to give it a shot for sure...

7. mjh

mjh Guest

extra body and facial hair is so much easier to deal with, isn't it? As opposed to hair loss. I always hated my hairy arms and legs but you can keep removing excess hair....I was never depressed or sad about it. That should be the limit for PCOS!!! Hair loss is so cruel!

8. dying curls

dying curls Guest

well hair is not hair...depending on where it is hair is more or less hormonodependant...facial hair are the most responsive to androgen whereas legs hair arent.
    the body hair areas that are really responsive to androgens are the pubic one, the facial one, the belly, the armpits.hair on legs are the least dependant hormonally speaking. So i dont htink vaniqua would help..
    Inner tighs though are sensitive to hormones.

I am not sure how vaniqua works. To try it on your legs maybe you could test it on a small area first?

9. kaylee

kaylee Guest

10. mjh

mjh Guest

But when I was about 14, my leg hair got a lot longer. It was sooo gross. And I started to get that nasty bikini and thigh hair. So that's androgen dependent right? the vaniqa should work on that...hopefully?

11. kaylee

kaylee Guest

It shouldnt matter if its androgen dependent or not. I think leg hair is androgen dependent since it gets worse at puberty.

12. dying curls

dying curls Guest

Bikini are definetley androgen dependan
    inner tighs. overall legs hair not so much , but maybe if you are exposed to a lot of androgen it can.
    i found using antiandrogen my hair everywhere got back to normal but it did not do anyhting to my calves hair.it did to my inner tigh hair.

my endo told me that on most legs areas antiandrogen wont do much.

13. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Leg hair does not have to be hormonal, but if you have a lot of it then it probably is. Vaniqa should work on any hair whether it be androgen dependent or not since it doesnt do anything to your hormones.

14. dying curls

dying curls Guest

i guess it shoudl not matter if vaniqua doe snot act on hormones, but enzymes are related to hormones..so i guess vaniqa works well when you are on th epill or somehting but what on a woman with PCOS, high andogren??with pcos sometiems you keep getting new hair so you will get rid of one at one place and a new one will appear at another, nd the androgen keeps stimulating the follicles??no??

All bod hair get worse at puberty but the thing is that a girl without pcos will have hair on her legs too just as a pcos girl, yet her androgen are in check, legs hair depends more on your androgen sensitvity than your having high androgen, it's not the same for facial hair.
    to reduce hair on legs you really need to get completely rid of androgen for a long time......
    hair on legs are more related to your gene, than facial hair.

15. dying curls

dying curls Guest

you should still try vaniqa you never know...

i wonder what enzyme they're talking about though.

16. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Yeah I have more hair on my legs than a normal girl and I think its cuz of the extra androgens. The only way to tell if it would work on other body parts would be to try it, but Im sure it would.

17. dying curls

dying curls Guest

http://www.pcosupport.org/medical/vaniqa.php

apparently it works well for PCOS even if not treated!!! cool!!
    but you need to use it in a regular way otherwise the hair will return.

April i think maybe you could stop using it because you are on Spironolactone prolly now the Spironolactone did its work , and your chin hair just wont come back as long as you are on Spironolactone.

18. kaylee

kaylee Guest

I dont know, Im too scared to stop it. The Spironolactone alone may not help as much!

19. dying curls

dying curls Guest

if your androgen are in check you shoudl be fine there is no reason now that new hair would show up.
    since my androgen are in check i dont have anymore facial hair.it's smooth as a baby.
    Maybe you could try stopping it on a small area first?

20. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Yeah but once the hair is terminal it stays that way and the Vaniqa helps to slow it down. The vaniqa could be working in combo with the Spironolactone to slow down the growth.