Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Vaniqa

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by kaylee, Aug 10, 2008.

1. dying curls

dying curls Guest

believe me my chin hair were terminal...they were black and thick if i did not tweez them some were at least a goot centimeter....just as fugly as my calve hair..as thick as my scalp hair....

even ransexual use antiandrogen to reduce their harigrowth and it works on their face, so imagina on a woman.

2. web_diva

web_diva Guest

3. alicat

alicat Guest

april

you could always laser your hair away in the future if you eventually don't use Spironolactone. i just finished getting my upper lip/chin and neck lasered and i am now smooth as a baby!!! it's just such an amazing and PERMANENT treatment. it's really worth every penny. just a thought!

4. alicat

alicat Guest

mine were terminal too. i had as much chin hair as a man! there was too much to pluck (i would have been plucking for hours!!) on my neck, chin and upper lip. you are quite lucky that meds alone helped you. i had to get laser done to rid my hair permanently.

5. mjh

mjh Guest

alicat, what kind of laser was used on you? Did you go to a doctor's office or a spa? I ask because I got some laser sessions and I didn't get the results that I was hoping for....I didn't get all of the sessions I was supposed to get though. It was supposed to be done over the course of one year and I only had six months. but I didn't get my face done....I had it done on my legs, arms, underarms and bikini line. I went to a spa but it was owned by a doctor...but she was never there. There HAS been a reduction in hair growth though, but I wanted to be smooth too!

6. alicat

alicat Guest

hi!

i went to Epiderma which is a place that specializes in laser hair removal. that's what they're known for here.

so far it looks like i have 100% reduction in the facial hair i had. i have to probably wait a few months to see if this is really for sure considering hair grows at different rates etc.

i would find a reputable laser hair removal place and try 'em.

are you light skinned?

laser hair removal works BEST on people with light skin and dark hair. i have that combo which could be why i have had such success??

good luck!

7. kaylee

kaylee Guest

I had the same thing, it would take up half my morning just to pluck it all!!!! I hated it!!! Now with vaniqa I can go a week without plucking. I would do the laser but its just so damn expensive. Plus I've been worrying about my hair so much I havent really thought about it. :crazy:

8. dying curls

dying curls Guest

Well, mine were terminal too on the chin really black, and i had a that dark fuzz all over my neck,, the whole thing covered a pretty large area(neck/chin) yet they disappeared, at first i just used wax especially for the dark fuzz. Actually the first hair to disappear and get thinner and sparser were the thicker ones, i had a harder time with the dark thin fuzz . i would say it was this way
    1 month treatment: no more new hair
    1/2 months:thick hair taking longer to grow back
    6 months sparser thick hair, getting even longer to grow back .
    1 year no more thick hair at all.
    The fuzz was still there sparser and sparser now after two year the fuzz is gone back to blond tiny invisble fuzz.

9. mjh

mjh Guest

thanks alicat! No, I have dark skin...tan. And black hair. So maybe that's why it worked better for you. I will try for more laser when I can afford it....

10. web_diva

web_diva Guest

wow, sounds like it does lead to permanent hair removal! Over time

11. alicat

alicat Guest

you're welcome.

i am sure there are other options out there aside from laser hair removal.

i have read that light skin/dark hair is a perfect combo. because i have that combo i had a high success rate. however, i don't see why it wouldn't work on someone with darker hair than me.

12. alicat

alicat Guest

yeah it is expensive. i paid $700 to do my chin/neck and upper lip. but i feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better about my appearance, so price really didn't matter!

i am now considering my underarms!!! how cool to never shave them again??

13. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Or the legs would be GREAT to do too. I guess $700 isnt too bad if it lasts forever.

14. Rainbird984

Rainbird984 Guest

Ooh thanks for the tip! I wanna try vaniqua again, I tried it out back in the day but I think it didn't work well b/c i didn't apply it often enough... I would end up getting breakouts and quitting periodically.

I really want to give it another shot now that my skin's better from Spironolactone though, i'm glad it's worked for you! :)

15. alicat

alicat Guest

exactly. it means so much to me to not have that "shadow" where i would shave my facial hair. and even when i shaved i was still stubbly :(

laser has given me so much more confidence!!

16. dying curls

dying curls Guest

I did my legs with laser hair removal...you need like 6 session at least, or more if you're really hairy on the lgs (like me) but the result are good.

For you gilrs who seek hair removal on the face or tummy ect, be aware that the result will be better and you will need far less session and will spend less money if you are already on somehting like Spironolactone.
    Spironolactone alone in most cases will get rid of your facial hair in a few months.
    if you combine both Spironolactone an dlaser you wont even need 2/3 session on the face. wen 6 or more are usually required.

17. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

does vaniqua work on blonde facial hairs????

18. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Im sure it would. Just pluck em' all out then start applying vaniqa and see if it slows down the growth.

19. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

mssaprl

I cant pluck them, they are peach fuzz like an animals fur, way too many... :( Too close together. I shave them :(

20. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Ok then apply vaniqa about 20 min after shaving and after six weeks the growth should slow down.