Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Very Curly/spriral Hair Thinning And Getting Worse

Discussion in 'Medications that can cause Hair Loss' started by Moonfancy, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Moonfancy

Moonfancy New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello. I am new here. This is my first post. I have always had strawberry blonde hair, very curly spiral hair. About a year and a half ago, I started noticing bald spots but didn't worry overly. Then the bald spot moved to the back of my head, to the lower crown. Now they have moved to the sides of my head. I went to the derm, and she diagnosed Telogen effluvium, adding that I should try to remember any terrible sickness or extreme stress that started 6 months before I saw her. But I could think of no bad sickness or unusual stress at all. The very worst thing that has ever happened to me in my whole life is that my daughter's husband stabbed her to death at the end of June, 1917. Will NEVER get over that. But my hair had already begun falling out well before that. My daughter even gave me scalp massages with everything we read that might have helped. I am dealing with my daughter's murder, and I hate looking at myself in the mirror. Thinning hair pales in comparison to losing my daughter, but I am trying very hard to move forward, and I when I see myself I only feel worse. I have tried looking at various hair pieces, but none look like my red, spiral-curl hair. I am caucasian, but African American curly hair looks more like the hair I used to have. Has anyone found any strawberry blonde hair-helpers that could be dyed to match my real hair? I don't think I need a full wig. Maybe just some little toppers on curly extensions. I know NOTHING about hair additions and am at a loss at what to do. My life just seems so terrible right now. -- Moonfancy

Farrah711 likes this.
  2. lossing it

lossing it New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have you had your cortisol levels checked. Have you started any new hormones?

3. lossing it

lossing it New Member

Dislikes Received:
    My hair the same but light brown.