Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Visiting Flora

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by buttercup, Jan 31, 2014.

1. buttercup

buttercup Guest

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've posted, but I wanted to let you know that I went to visit Flora in NJ today and bought my second Illusion Fall. I purchased the first one 2.5 years ago via email and mail, so this is the first time I've met Flora and David in person. Flora is just a sweetheart, very caring and, boy, she sure knows her stuff. If you're thinking about buying one of her toppers or falls, and are able to travel to her, do it! It does make a difference when she can sit you down in the chair, look at your face and bio hair, assess your degree of hair loss and mentally sort through her stock in her mind to match you with the right hair.

My original fall is still in pretty good shape, but it has lightened over time and I've let my bio hair grow out a few more inches and wanted something that matched my natural dark brown wavy hair better. (I plan to use the old one for working out and as backup hair.) I had tried ordering by mail again last fall, but the one they sent me wasn't quite what I wanted, so I returned it and decided to wait until they got some new stock in and I had a reason to travel to the NYC area. I'm so glad I did because I absolutely love this new hair! Even though Flora is really good at figuring out what people need from a few pics and a snip of hair, there's nothing like talking it through with her in person--and making sure you get what you want without having to go to another stylist for a cut in. Sorry if I sound like an ad; I'm just a very happy customer.:)

~Buttercup

- - - Updated - - -

Not a great picture, but hopefully it shows how well it blends in with my bio hair -- without bangs.

Attached Files:

2. plainjane

plainjane Member

Dislikes Received:
    Gorgeous! Very natural.

3. Mom2Cuties

Mom2Cuties Member

Dislikes Received:
    I just got my 2nd Flora, as well. Ours probably came from the same batch! lol I am also very happy. My first had lightened considerably in 3 1/2 years and the scalp was tearing. I avoided people standing above me at all costs. ;-)

You are right, Flora is amazing. I went to her the first time and worked with her via email this second.

Love your fall!

4. Lapka

Lapka Guest

Hello ladies,

I just started researching Flora. Could you please tell my how you attach your toppers and falls?

Thanks!

5. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Amazing!!! You look fantastic!!! :bravo: Thanks for sharing the picture with us.

Joann

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome Lapka :grouphug: The toppers and falls have clips on the inside that grip on to your own hair. I think there are about 6 clips but Buttercup can tell you exactly how many.

Joann

6. buttercup

buttercup Guest

Thanks, all. I'm still really happy with this hair after wearing it for a week.

Hey Lapka, Flora's Falls attach with clips. Usually 7, which helps hold it securely in place and causes less stress on the hair. I've tried other toppers with 4 clips and always got traction alopecia. When I got this fall, Flora suggested putting in an 8th clip in the front and center, since I decided not to cut bangs. I tried it for a day, then removed it. 3 clips in a row over my forehead was a little too much for me. Plus I like to blend in a little light fringe of hair at the hairline
    and I could've do that with the extra clip.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I agree with Mom2cuties. You don't need to see Flora in person every time you buy a piece from her, but ?I think it helps if you go at least once in person, so she can meet you and see you in 3D, so to speak. My impression is that she has a remarkable memory and keeps mental image of each of her clients that she can retrieve with a little prodding from updated photos. If you can't visit in person, take lots of pictures that represent your front, back sides and top. And think about hair texture and how much your bio hair will blend in. My natural hair used to be baby fine and straight with a natural wave. Now with baby fine, thinning and crazy curly, especially on a humid day. This new fall is curlier than I would have chosen on my own without Flora's advice, but it looks much more natural when blending in my bio hair. I don't have to fuss with blow drying or ironing my own hair anymore. I just clip in and go.