Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Viviscal- any success stories?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by fairygirl, Jan 9, 2017.

1. fairygirl

fairygirl New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys!

I posted in the "my story" section, but I'm going through severe hair loss caused by Accutane, a drug I regret taking more than I could ever express (but at least I have good skin now).

I've been off it for 5 months and am praying that my shedding will slow down and stop within the next few months. I mean, if I have acute TE then it should in my opinion, but who knows with a drug like Accutane.

I've ordered a 3 month supply of Viviscal. I'm aware that no supplement is going to crazily increase the rate of hair growth, because all supplements/vitamins do is nourish any existing hair, but have any of you had good/relatively fast results with V?

I'm losing a LOT of short, fine regrowth. I don't want to be too hopeful but I feel like this supplement might help some of it continue growing?

I'm already taking iron/biotin/zinc/D3/B12.

Also, what is the best time of day to take this supplement? I was wondering about that because I already take iron in the morning/night, so will prob have to take the Viviscal midday or the zinc in it will block iron absorption...

2. Justiinaa

Justiinaa Member

Dislikes Received:
    Viviscal is supposed to be taken twice a day, in the morning and at night. As for me, I used it for three months and didn't see any improvements, so I stopped because $50/month on a box of Viviscal was more than I was willing to pay for something with no noticeable results.

3. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Viviscal is really just a hair skin and nails supplement and an expensive one at that. It won't hurt anything but your wallet not sure if it will help. It didn't for me. One thing you want to be careful of is the amount of biotin you take, it causes cystic acne for a lot of people so can vitamin B-12. I never break out and I broke out like crazy while taking Viviscal.

4. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've never read of any real positive hair growth stories with Vivisval, sad to say.

5. fairygirl

fairygirl New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys!! I expected that to be honest - I've bought 3 month's worth so I'll take them but doubt they'll change anything, since I'm already on iron and zinc. x

6. sarvnaz123

sarvnaz123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Same here. I took it for 4 months, and didn't see any improvement in hair loss or growth. The hair that was there looked shinier, but I wasn't looking for that. I needed to stop the shedding and it didn't help with that.

7. fairygirl

fairygirl New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hmm, that doesn't surprise me. I mean, it provides protein and essential minerals, but most people's hair loss is not caused by lack of these things (I guess low ferritin is a trigger sometimes, but Viviscal barely contains any iron anyway). I guess I'm taking it because my hair is also very dry and generally ruined after Accutane... so I am looking to improve the condition of it as well as the hair loss (aware I just have to ride out the latter as nothing stops TE, it's not even hormonal).

8. nat123

nat123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I would try hair essentials - I'm finding it much more effective than viviscal and I was on viviscal for a couple of years

9. jump1

jump1 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    No i took it for 5 months. Did nothing.