Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Website Dead - Now Back

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by admin, Feb 27, 2015.

1. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry about that everyone. Someone hacked the server and literally deleted the entire site.

Manually went into the file system and intentionally deleted all the files. So whoever did this had an agenda.

Always strikes me as strange why certain entities do things like this, as nobody really should have a motive. But I suppose some other sites that cater to the same userbase might have a motive.

In any case, we had to restore the site from Feb 21st so if anything has been lost since that time, I apologize.

Admin

2. dvent1111

dvent1111 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for fixing it! :)

3. skat79

skat79 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't know how much I missed you until you were gone

Omg, I was so lost without this site since Sunday that I had to ask the wonderful ladies on heralopecia to see if anyone had contact info for the administrators on this site. A big thanks to cathy c over there for sending Joann an email as I didn't realize she was a moderator on both sites. I had no idea if anyone was even monitoring this site anymore as the posts have slowed waaayy down in recent years unfortunately. I actually still enjoy going through the older posts since I am newer to hair loss (or at least realizing it was happening) and the older posts often tell my story just as well as I could, so I never bothered to post my own story as of yet. Plus sometimes you're just not ready. I didn't know just how much I depended on this site until it was no longer accessible. That was a long week being in the dark about whether or not this site was shut down permanently with each passing day. Thank you for getting it back up and running. Just wanted to let you know that this site is very much appreciated and would be very upsetting if it were no longer in existence!

4. ladymarmalade09

Dislikes Received:
    So glad to see this site is back and operational! I was worried it was gone forever and I felt a bit lost. Hard to believe somebody would intentionally delete it, but I'm thankful to the team that put things back together!!

5. rva207

rva207 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Admin, you might want to reset your search engine settings as well because whomever did this also deleted this site's ability to show up through a simple Google search. It's truly as if the site never existed. Someone has too much time on their hands and needs a new hobby.

6. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Strange - a "competing" website has returned after a long hiatus. Glad to see everyone back here!

7. JustMeS

JustMeS Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Relieved to see this site back up and running.

8. sunlit

sunlit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    What the hell! I wonder what kind of person would do something like that, and why? Of all the websites to attack, a support forum for women in an unfortunate situation seems a really bizarre choice. How sad that somebody would decide to sabotage something so harmless and so helpful.

Admin - thank you very much for restoring heralopecia. I'm pretty flabberghasted that someone would do this and you would have to.

9. alohakels

alohakels Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    So thankful it's back!