Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Weird eyelash regrowth

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Universalis & Totalis' started by dancer, Mar 18, 2012.

1. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Ok this is really bugging me now! :crazy:
    My eyelashes have been returning for a few months now alas only on the right eye at the top and at the bottom on the left and although I have been patiently waiting for signs of catch up on the left its not looking promising! It has been a very long time since I had any decent regrowth so I really cant remember what happened last time but I am pretty sure they both grew back roughly the same time, Im sure Id remembered if it was odd like this :roll:

As a point of interest I have had some very tiny white hairs on top of crown this last few months, it has been really sore to the point it hurts to even touch it as though I had whacked my head moments before, I have experience itching/ burning sensations before both during fall out and regrowth but never to this degree or length of time.

Just interested to see if any one has had similar experiences bearing in mind it is about 26 years since any signs of life on my scalp and this is definatly different to my other signs of activity from the long past :mrgreen:

2. Vlal

Vlal Guest

I have my fingers crossed for you! ;) :mrgreen:

3. dancer

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you! i can actually put mascara on right eye now without it going into my eye lol! but looks bit daft without left one to match :whistle:

4. Vlal

Vlal Guest

Hehe... I shouldn't laugh, but bodies can be so weird sometimes can't they?!

5. dancer

Dislikes Received:
    Just a bit! :punk:

6. Lost

Lost Guest

Yay dancer!!! I hope they all come back for you enjoy that mascara ;) D.

7. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Great news dancer!!! :woot: Give it time. My eyelashes returned very slowly but eventually I got a pretty full set and they have stayed put for at least a year.

I also have some white, fluffy vellus like hair on top. It makes me look 10 years so I shave it off. :whistle:

Good luck!!!

Hugs,
    Joann

8. dancer

Dislikes Received:
    Thankyou Lost it would be lovely if they continue to grow, it is the one thing thing I really do miss dreadfully! They seem to have got really quite long on the right to the point I am now aware of them being there, like a shadow..... feels strange :woot:

Thank you Joann I will continue to be patient, it is nice to hear yours took some time to grow in it gives me a bit of hope I may get two eyes to match ;) I hope you enjoy yours too, funny how the simple things can mean so much :mrgreen:

9. Hanna H

Hanna H Guest

My daughter has eyelashes coming in on her upper right lids also and white hair on her head after being hairless for 2 years. Keep us posted, I don't want to get our hopes up too high about this.

10. dancer

Dislikes Received:
    I really hope it continues for her may I ask how old your daughter is? Unfotuatly mine all fell out again......big sigh. I know what you mean about not getting your hopes up too high, it so difficult not too though! I am back to no hair anywhere but I have to say I was quite upset this time around but I think it was because I had no signs of regrowth for so long. I have pulled myself together again it took a little while to get over the dissapointment, I have learnt over the years to go with the flow of emotions but I dont let it consume me. At least the irritation has gone from the eyes so it back to the good old eyeliner and false lashes!
    Still on a positive note at least I know hair can grow if it wants too! :)

Fingers crossed this works out for your daughter :)

best of luck xx

11. Hanna H

Hanna H Guest

Hi, My daughter is 21 now. She became Alopecia Universalis at 18 her senior year in high school. She had hair growth once while on sulfasalazine but she had a reaction and we had to stop. She has learned to live with it but would love to have her eyelashes and eyebrows back.

12. dancer

Dislikes Received:
    I am sorry that this has happened to your daughter at such a young age when these sort of burdens should not be experienced. You obviously are a really supportive mum and I do believe my alopecia made a special bond between my mum and myself which we still have today, she is always there for me :)

13. Hanna H

Hanna H Guest