Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

What Alopecia means to Me

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by Joann, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Girls, :)

I wrote this about a year ago now.

Hugs to all. Joann

Alopecia

A ltering your looks
    L earning acceptance
    O pening your heart
    P ainful at times
    E nding bad hair days
    C onfidence tester
    I nternal strength builder
    A mazing new friends

2. scraggy

scraggy Guest

thank you Joann

3. lharrison

lharrison Guest

Boy..you somed it all up!! I hope I learn to be as trong as you..as time go's on battling Alopecia Areata...you are a good person...you seem to always have positive things to say.
    lharrison

4. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you Joann- you are an inspiration to us all. May we reach your level of acceptance and peace with what we are dealt.

5. Elle TY

Elle TY Guest

Beautiful, Joann. Sums it up very well. I love your choice of words :D

Elle.

6. sperr62

sperr62 Guest

Joann

Thanks for this. You hit the nail on the head there. I am working on learning accepatance. I keep why of all of my family members I have to deal with this. If there is anything to get I will get it. :dunno: My husband tells me I have had it since February and I should get over it. I guess I need to learn to accept his attitude to. I guess today is one of the down days :(

Sheila

7. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

you summed that up very nicely!!

definitely ALTERED loosk

definitely make me learn to ACCEPT what is going on, and accept hat life isn't always what you expect or plan for.

definitely OPENED my heart to other people, most especially those with hair loss, most especially those of you here.

definitely PAINFUL, on the emotions, and sense of self, for a while.

definitely ENDS bad hair days and cuts out a few to several minutes out of your morning routine.

definitely tests your CONFIDENCE, and in my case, improved on it ultimately, and made me realize that i can be who i am, how i want to be, no matter what.

definitely built my INTERNAL strength (link back to last line)

8. Guest

Guest Guest

very good joanne!

now my turn at this.

bald women are beautiful!

.............so this is what alopecia means to me;

a- alluring,..... as in the smooth, sensual, unique, exotic, alluring bald look on a lady.

l- liquid,..... i love the feel of warm water in the shower on my bald head.

o-....., how my bald head looks, the shape of it. (well not exactly an o)
    there was a beautiful bald alopecian fashion model from sweden who often modeled bald. her nickname was 'jenny o', because of her beautiful bald head.

p- pores,..... the pores of my skin of my hairless head and body breathe easy without all of that hair in the way.

e- ecstatic,..... how i feel when my handsome husband kisses and careeses my bald head and body when he is being affectionate and passionate with me.

c- clothing,..... as in the beautiful, feminine dresses, skirts and blouses, 'hose and 'heels, fashion scarves, lingerie, etc. that a beautiful bald lady wears to enhance her looks.

i- icon,..... as in the beautiful bald women that are fashion role models, and icons in the fashion world.
    beautiful bald women such as anna fitzpatrick, margaret baker, alec wek, laura hudson, eve salvail, etc..

a- accessories, ..... a beautiful bald lady needs to accessorize herself to enhance her stunning and sensually smooth bald look.
    accessories like long dangle earrings and other jewelry, the right makeup, feminine fashion scarves, etc..

9. SAMANTHA07

SAMANTHA07 Guest

JUST AMAZING THANKS!

10. SAMANTHA07

SAMANTHA07 Guest

AND CAROL YOU ARE SO PASSIONATE!!!!!!!!!!!!