Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

What Concealer for Blonde Hair??

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Depressedandconfused, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Hi All,

I sadly am at the point where I think I need to purchase a concealer :( I find that I need to part my hair further and further away from the center in order to have coverage, and even then I can see through spots pretty easily under certain lights, and in photos. I'm so depressed about this - I didn't need a concealer 2 months ago, what happend in the past two months?! If anything I've been eating healthier and taking more vitamins!! Can Emu oil do this??

Anyways, sorry for the rant, just really surprised that I was thinning but totally able to hide it two months ago, and now I can't. And I don't even know what I have!!

But to the point... I have dirty blonde hair. I get blonde highlights, and my natural color is a very light kinda mousy brown, with some natural highlights of gold and blonde.

What concealer would best match this hair coloring? My hair is kinda all different colors!

I'm slightly more interested in the idea of hair-like fibers or a spray than I am in something I'd paint on my scalp... but I could be persuaded.

Thanks girls!

2. SherryBerry

SherryBerry Guest

Practice with some eyeshadows you have hanging around to get a close match. You usually have to go darker then you think to make a goodmatch. From what you say I would try a medium brown shadow. medium brown eyeshadow goes on like a golden blondish/brown usually.

On another note. I can NOT use oils of any kind on my scalp or my hair comes out WAY more. I can use it on the ends and such... butnever the scalp

3. LuBee

LuBee Guest

I'm varying shades of blonde, but I find the blonde concealers like Toppik too yellow. I use light brown, and sometimes over that blonde, depending on when I last had my hair colored. I recently tried Nanogen and like it as well as Toppik, and they will let you try it with a money back guarantee. I've been using the light brown, but ordered some dark blonde - Toppik only has one shade of blonde. It arrived just an hour ago, so I haven't experimented with it, but they told me I could return it or trade it if it doesn't work.

4. I'm blonde nearly as you describe...and have found that there is an eyeshadow quad by loreal...the name of the quad is "wood rose". There are three brownish colors and one that is light pink.

I'm new to hair loss and having to cover it. I had been using two of the browns in this quad for my eyebrows for many years, so decided to try them on my part line. They work beautifully, better than anything else I've found so far. Even the darkest brown in the quad I've found useful for shading my scalp further away from my part, where I have some thinning spots.

Might be worth a try!!

5. fuzzy

fuzzy Guest

Do you use a brush?

6. Toppik is hair fibers, though...and not eyeshadow. Unless they make a powder concealer (like an eyeshadow, in a pan) that I don't know about yet?

I use a makeup brush with slightly stiffer hairs to stipple eyeshadow onto my scalp. But if I use hair fibers, like Toppik, and shake them onto my scalp...I lay a long pipe cleaner on my part line when applying to keep my part.

HTH!