Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

What do you do when the doctors dont know what is happening?

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by sadlady, Feb 21, 2008.

1. SAMANTHA07

SAMANTHA07 Guest

same happens to me!
    now my lashes are almost gone! that is the toughest part!

2. SAMANTHA07

SAMANTHA07 Guest

my eyebrows are very good.
    i really like them

3. alicat

alicat Guest

*hugs*

My scalp went thru a HUGE irritated stage in Sept and it's still mildly irritated. Like you, I have VERY diffuse loss, my scalp was massively itchy, bumpy, flaky and I had a ton of stinging pain. I have a little of the stinging pain today and I wonder if it's happening when I'm off my Diane 35 for the 7 days. I may try taking it continuously to see if that helps the pain.

I don't know why the itchiness and pain has subsided. It just kinda flared up real bad one day and then slowly stopped. Weird or lucky I dunno?

Do you get pimply things on your scalp too?

Also, if your hair loss is diffuse enough like mine, if you look under bright light can you see bumpy spots on your scalp? I have these and I wonder if maybe you do??? I feel so alone.

4. alicat

alicat Guest

You don't ever take the wig off?

5. ginawat

ginawat Guest

Like goosebumps? Yes - I have this

6. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I feel like a stranger too. I don't even look like myself with short hair, and it's getting thinner everyday. My shed is back up to about 100 a day. It's so depressing. I might be shaving it soon if it gets worse when I start the minoxidil.

7. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

Sorry Ang.... :dunno: :dunno:

8. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Well my mom said if it get's bad I can shave it, which I really wanna do!

9. hairyape

hairyape Guest

I see your parents are starting to become supportive now, that's good.

10. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Yeah, I started leaving all the hair that I shed in the sink so that she can see how much I'm losing. Also my hair is getting thinner, so she's starting to realize the truth. She looked at some wigs with me on the internet and when I get my first two paychecks I'm going to go to a wig shop and find a good wig there. Probably a short synthetic because I find them easier to manage. I'm gonna get some cheap ones off the internet and a nice one or two from a good wig shop for occasions and work. I don't want to randomly go to work with long hair randomly, so I ordered this new short one from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360031339169

That's probably how my hair would grow out anyway, but I told my boss about my hair so she could be warned. I would go with the buzz cut I plan on getting but she said I couldn't unless I got bangs in the front... which I'll probably do. My cousin is a hair dresser and she went to a hair show today and she saw this model with a short buzzcut with choppy bangs in th front. She got a picture of it and said she would do it for me. It should work since the front of my hair is the thickest part of my hair. I'm actually exited.

11. Lee112780

Lee112780 Guest

Gina...I use PUVA for hairloss

12. Lee112780

Lee112780 Guest

only to sleep...still waaaaay to hard for me to accept

13. Lee112780

Lee112780 Guest

thats great...I might get them soon...Ill keep you posted

14. Lee112780

Lee112780 Guest

WHAT?! They cant tell you how to wear your hair sweetie. You have a medical condition. Unless you work as an entertainer, they cant do that. You could sue...make a lot of $$ and get any wig you want!! (JK) But seriously, do whatever makes you feel comfortable and whatever is gonna get you through this time :)

15. Guest

Guest Guest

angie, enjoy your new hairstyle!

i wear my short chin length bob cuts to work.

they would probably let me go to work bald, because i have alopecia, but i don't want to attract attention to myself.
    and some men have a thing for beautiful bald women, and i don't want men hitting on me at work.
    i am married, and my workplace is not a singles bar.

so i wear a wig. and short wigs are easier to wear.
    if you get several wigs, wear the same type to work each day, unless you don't care if people know you are bald.
    most of the people i work with know i am bald, but i wear a wig anyway.

away from work, i wear headscarves or my bald look.
    i wear my wigs at work though.
    i prefer wearing headscarves or my bald look, which is why i wear those styles as much as i do.

16. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

Wauw, I wish my work WAS a single bar, even with my hair... :mrgreen:

But Angie, I think you are dealing very good with the situation! You think about shaving, wigs etc. And still you are struggling with the increased hairloss. I am so sorry to hear that your hair loss is going up again! That's just heartbreaking!
    You are far more dealing better with it then I do. Hugs and love.

17. hairyape

hairyape Guest

the short black wig is very cute, and does look like a style of your own if your hair were to grow out.

18. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I dunno why they told me I couldn't go in with my head, but I wouldn't have the guts to do it right away. I'm probably one of the most self conscious people in the worl. I even worry about how I look when I sleep. I fix my hair and makeup and wear nice PJs to bed.. haha. I guess they would let me wear a headscarf... I know I won't have the patience to wear a wig everyday, especially since all of mine are itchy.

19. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I told everyone at work that I was having problems with my hair that I am treating, so if I went in with different wigs they would already know. But I work in a place where the customers remember the people serving them and often go back to see them and stuff, so I would probably get a few very similar wigs so that the customers don't ask questions. I'm going to get a chin lengthed wig for sure, I need something shorter for the winter. My long wig always gets tangled in the hood of my jacket especially since I walk and bus a lot.

20. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I think the reason I deal so decently is because I am easily convinced. So I basically mood swing depending on what I'm hearing. I just feel that shaving my head will calm me down and put me at one point in my hairloss where I can only get better and not worse so I don't have to freak out about any setbacks.