Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

What do you do when the doctors dont know what is happening?

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by sadlady, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    It sounds cute! Let us see if you do something drastic and outrageous! I'm glad your mom is finally understanding what is happening. No one else can really see what is happening until it gets so totally obvious. Which I guess does have advantages.

2. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

Angie,

you said the thickest part of your hair is the front?? That DEF does not sound like Androgenetic Alopecia......You must have TE.

3. ginawat

ginawat Guest

Thats what I'm thinking....and most likely what your docs and parents are thinking - and probably why they don't recommend you shaving your head. I think others viewed your parents as not being understanding - whereas I saw it as them just trying to get oyu to see that this contion of yours seems to be temporary and that drastic measures don't need to be taken ....at this stage of the game anyway.

From all the pictures you have posted I think it might be best to treat the cause but to also wait this out a bit longer before doing something drastic like shaving. Doing so might freak you out and cause another set-back of sorts.

Just a thought.

4. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I think I have both Androgenetic Alopecia and TE. The front of my hair is the thickest, but right in back of it it is very thin. I have a lot of miniaturized hairs though, little thin, light coloured hairs that always fall out out at a few cm long. I think the TE is from the iron and the Androgenetic Alopecia is from the PCOS.