Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

What in blue hell is this?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by loandmo, Jun 5, 2015.

1. loandmo

loandmo Member

Dislikes Received:
    If this is my regrowth then I am way diasppointed....looks like I'm getting back 50 hairs for 50,000 I lost...LOL...

Hairloss is grand!

It's been 13 weeks since I've noticed...ugh...

Hope all is well...been lurking...but I'm so depressed it's hard to post too much...

It's only hair...right?:p

[​IMG]

2. Eunmi

Eunmi Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    LOL, I have quite a few of those sprouting up around my head too.
    Such a pain, especially in the front, parting my hair is so ridiculous. There's not many of them, but it makes me look like I've stuck my fingers in a light socket.

3. arizona88

arizona88 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow! That definitely looks like regrowth to me.. Congratulations!!
    Can you please share your routine?
    TIA :)

4. Sakura

Sakura Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    ohh they look nice :)

5. Nerak

Nerak Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    LOL - it's a great problem to have really! I have been through months of ridiculous hair, especially as my temples filled in and two big tufts stuck out like horns.

Every time i feel frustrated by the hot mess that resides on my head I try to stop and appreciate its really a good thing.

8 months into regrowth and it's finally starting to behave like regular hair. Hang in there.......

ps: that regrowth does look like really good, strong hair.

- - - Updated - - -

Did I really say my crazy regrowth was finally starting to behave itself? What was I thinking.......

Attached Files:

6. loandmo

loandmo Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks so much ladies…Nerak…your regrowth looks THICK!

Mine seems minimal but I guess any is better than none. I am still shedding but I feel like I am no longer losing 300-400 hairs…now I am losing about 100...

Someone asked about my routine.

Not sure what my trigger was…I am assuming it was when I went paleo. I started in november and started losing in March. It's been about 14 weeks.

Low iron and Vitamin D…not terrible but low for what my docs liked. thyroid appeared normal but levels indicated I will be hypo one day. Postiive ANA test…going to rheumatologist in August.

so currently i have added grains and beans back in but am still gluten, dairy, and soy free. Minimal corn. I have been eating this way for a few years.

Supplements
    Herbal thyroid supplement 2x day
    Viviscal 2x day
    10,000mcg Vitamin D 2-3 times a week (didn't want to use the synthetic prescription)
    Multi Vitamin (with only 50% Vitamin A)
    Omega 3…when I remember

that's it…I plan to add a calcium supplement at some point. Just don't want to change my routine for now.

Thanks again…I will keep you posted…I've noticed a few strands of regrowth have shed here and there…but that's to be expected…and my period is starting so I get nervous about the hormone shift…I'll keep you posted...

7. ChrissyB

ChrissyB Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    LOL Nerak. You have so much regrowth. It's truly amazing. You must be so pleased. Who cares if it sticks up all over the place; at least it's there. I am so happy for you.