Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

What is toppik hair fattener. I use hair fibers

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by neencali, Mar 18, 2012.

1. neencali

neencali Guest

Anyone use the fattner? What does it do. I never leave the house without the fibers. I use them daily and keep one in my purse for emergencies. lol.what is the difference.

2. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Toppik is a sprinkle-on fiber.

3. MamaGiGi

MamaGiGi Guest

I use both. The Hair Fattener is a gel you rub into your (wet) hair (particularly at the roots) just before you blow-dry. It makes a HUGE difference in the texture and volume of your hair, I highly recommend it. I use the hair fibers after my hair is dry, but the fattener is a very important step in the process. I've tried tons of store-bought brands that claim to do the same thing, but I have yet to find anything that compares to the volume you get with the Toppik brand. Try it, I think you'll like it!

Gina

4. Guest

Guest Guest

fattener is a very important for hair.

5. neencali

neencali Guest

Thanks. I will try it. i was thinking it must be like mousee or something.
    does it make your hair sticky and hard to brush?

6. MamaGiGi

MamaGiGi Guest

It definitely give your hair more texture, so your hair won't be super silky and soft by any means. (Which I don't mind, because it's impossible to style hair when it's all slick and shiny like that for me) But you can certainly brush through it. It's NOT at all like hairspray if that's what you're wondering. It's kinda hard to explain! Lol. I love it though, and I hate the way hairspray makes my hair feel if that helps any! But you must blow dry your hair after you put it in. Don't rub it in and air dry. It doesn't work its magic that way. ;)

7. hope4hair

hope4hair Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    :agree:
    The hair fattener is a must! If you only use like a nickel/quarter size, depending on how much hair you have left, it shouldn't be sticky or greasy.

I think the product itself creates a coating around the follicles, making them have texture and stand up a little off your head (to create volume).

I use the bulk of it right in the front where the hair loss is worst, and then evenly disperse the rest.

8. neencali

neencali Guest

Oh my, I have been missing out. The hair fattner is AWESOME. I love it. It also seems to make the toppik stick better. Yeah! I want to kiss the person who invented the hair fibers.

9. MamaGiGi

MamaGiGi Guest

:jump: Isn't it the greatest?!! Glad you tried it!