Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

what to do with my hair**** update new pict page 5

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by CYNDI2008, Nov 23, 2008.

1. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

I decided to post a picture of my self because I need some opinions please. well I decided to schedule an appointment and finally do something with my hair, just a short recap.. I have been dealing with hair loss for 17 years since age 19, and I will be 36. I have been cutting my hair for as long as I can remember, and I have to say the last time I had gotten a professional hair cut was around 23. as you can see from the picture, my hair is so dry, no life what so ever!!

anyway.... I made an appointment at a hair loss center they have private rooms so I can feel comfortable... I told the woman my hair dilemma, I have diffused thinning all over and in the future I would like to explore more options in the future but for now I would just like a cut maybe some highlights change, I also showed her a photo before hair loss and she agreed I had a lot more hair......Its nice to be validated and not just hear its not my imagination!
    I am just really nervous and I don't want to hate the end result.... I want to go with something sorta safe and simple, does anyone have any suggestions? thank you :)

2. salemsmum1

salemsmum1 Guest

Re: need help-- what to do with my hair ***PICT***

Hi, Tried to view your pic, but it said it had been moved or deleted. it could just be my bad IT skills tho'! :roll:

3. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

wow way to big... I'll see if this one works, i tried to resize
    before
    [​IMG]

after:

IMG]http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo224/cynthialdan1973/newhair.jpg[/IMG]

4. hwag5149

hwag5149 Guest

that's how my hair looks when it's dry. I just thought it was because i don't brush it or straighten it anymore. :( I don't have any advice, sorry.... but maybe there is a product that will take away the frizziness.

5. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

yes, today i tried something for the frizziness , it didnt work all that great, i have to see what else is out there, once i get it cut and use someting to tame the frizziness maybe it will look a little better. :lost:

6. Vlal

Vlal Guest

Your hair looks nice and shiney even though it is frizzy... and I am sure there must be something out there that will get the frizziness down. My mum uses something by Paul Mitchell - I shall have to see if I can find out the name.

Anyway, as for hairstyle... perhaps bob length would be nice and I think it would look good if you have some shaping around your face... some feathering/layers to frame your face would look cute. I am not too great at remembering hair stylist language!! Perhaps have a look online for some sample pictures to show the lady - they (hair stylists) seem to like that!! ;) Can't wait to see your new look!

7. aries

aries Guest

Your hair still looks good. I can't believe that after 17 years of thinning, you still have bangs. I have been thinning for 10 years and don't even have half the hair you do.

8. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:

I agree- except for the dryness it looks amazing- not really thin at all. Probably a shorter cut - maybe with layers- and there has to be a product out there to help with the frizziness. I would never guess you had hair loss issues! Just frizzy dry hair -

9. BLYNN

BLYNN Guest

What hair loss center are you going to?

10. missmyhair

missmyhair Guest

Some of the other girls were raving about the poppyseed mask at the body shop. I keep meaning to pick it up myself. That might be worth a try for the frizzies.

11. missmyhair

missmyhair Guest

:agree: That's amazing after 17 years! I don't even want to know what I'm going to look like in another 6 months at this rate!

12. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

thanks ladies, but trust me, when I say I have half the hair I used to, it would be generous... some day when I get my scanner up and running I will scan and try to post a picture when I was 20. the texture was never like the way it it now, the hair loss had changed the texture a great deal. I am thankful to sill have hair, but get scared of what the future might hold.

.. as for the Poppy seed mask, I did get some and used it 1 x It does soften your hair, i would like to get something i can spray and go.
    :)

13. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

they're called Elite Concept Hair Designers, located in happague, i saw quiet a few people walking out ( at the consoul) .. and from what i can see they do a great job. they do both men and women.

14. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Hello CYndi

Yes amazing how you still have bangs after thinning for so many years.

I see that your hair starts out smooth then becomes frizzy as it gets longer.

Mine does as well.

Yes, the poppyseed mask helps as it is very hydrating.

May i ask which salon you are going to?

15. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

Hi hairtype,

I am going to a salon called Elite Concept Hair Designers, they specialize in hair loss for both men and women, I wanted to feel comfortable and be seen in a private room. so that works for me. Yes I hate the texture of my hair now, it was never like this.. it feel like straw. I am hoping a cut will help, but I don't want to take to much off, I 'll start with baby steps :)

16. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Thank you for the info, Cyndi

17. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

no problem hairyape!.... I was reading your regimen and see you used the lazar comb how did it work for you? I was thinking of getting one :)

18. Vlal

Vlal Guest

19. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Cyndi,

Something is keeping hair on my headI use laser comb 2-3 times per week nowadays..

I still use everthing listed in my regimen.

Sadly, Androgenetic Alopecia is getting me, and I will soon be forced to add some hair.

i will open a thread about is shortly

20. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

thanks so much Vlal, i'm gonna get some, i'l keep you posted :) i was actually looking at this yesterday when you had mentioned your mom uses Paul Mitchel. i'm thinking of trying the shampoo & conditioner as well.