Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

what to do with my hair**** update new pict page 5

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by CYNDI2008, Nov 23, 2008.

1. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

Re: need help-- what to do with my hair ***PICT***

i have to get a regimen going to salavage what i have left to. Is your profile pict recent? if so, your hair doesn't look bad to me.

if you dont mind me asking where abouts in NY are you?

2. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Hello,

My hair is getting worse, slowly, thank you Androgenetic Alopecia!

I live both on the upper east side in NYC, and have a house on Long Island as well.

I'll be checking out hair systems soon!

3. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Oh and yes, that's a recent profile pic, doesn't show the true extent of my loss.

4. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

well as far as I can see where I will be going for my hair cut - Elite concepts) they do both men and women, when I was there I saw quite a few both men and women... they looked very natural, I would never suspect that they were wearing hair, they might be worth checking out when you are ready. A girl from another board recommended them to me. she had been to a few different places before going to Elite, she is now very happy - :)

5. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Thank you for the info!

They do not have a website I suppose, do you know what types of hair systems they offer?

6. hwag5149

hwag5149 Guest

my family is from NY... one side is from Queens and the other side is from Brownsville (i guess that's just a neighborhood though)...

7. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

No they unfortunately do not have a web site, I did ask them about hair systems, they said they did it all, bonding,integration, pieces, extensions , toppers

8. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Thanks Cydi,

I will call them. It's good that they do it all. I'm not sure what going to be right for me, that it looks natural is what's most important to me. Please keep us posted on your cut an style.

Shwag, Queens is a large county, and Brownsville is a neighborhood located in Brooklyn county.

Both very close to NYC.

9. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

good luck... i will keep you posted, if i like the end result i'll post a pict :)

have a great day!

10. Prini

Prini Guest

Unless my hair is professionally blow dried (which I do every haircut - every 2 months) or set it, my hair is frizzy, too.

I've tried every product under the sun. The two things that work for me (but if it's humid, nothing works), Biosilk Silk Therapy - can be used on wet or dry hair, as often as necessary. Another product I found at Duane Reade, is made by Hollywood Beauty, called Oilive Oil (it's a small bottle) and says fights hair breakage, scalp treatment, adds shine. You can use a small amount and the bottle is $3.00.
    I put it on my cuticles, as well.

I believe you when you say you lost a lot of hair. Looking at me, my hair looks ok, unless I lift it, there's spaces and balding all over. If one would see my pictures from many years ago, there's no question I've lost 1/2 my hair, and my texture changed dramactically.

Good Luck on your appointment.

Prini

11. mythreeboys

mythreeboys Guest

OH Cindi I am so jealous. I have only been loosing hair for 3 years and I look so sickly with this shit on my head. I think your hair looks very good for 17 years of thinning BUT I totally understand the dilema you have. For the frizzies my hair stylist gave my son this hair cream/straightener. I would imagine you could use it too for the same results, its a smoothing product. It's called D:fi and it's about $11 per jar. It's not greasy either. My son has super thick hair and needed something to tame it.

Also your a lovely lady!!! I hope you can find something to help and perhaps this product is something to try.

12. Vlal

Vlal Guest

Hey Cyndi

I really hope it works for you. It is quite expensive in the UK, but you use so little each time that it lasts for ages. Let me know how you find it. :)

V-L

13. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

Its pretty expensive here also, compared to the swave shit i have been putting in my hair , I will be well worth it if it works for me. Thanks agian Vlal !! have a happy thanksgiving~ :)

14. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

hi mythree,

thank you for you encouragement... I am grateful to have hair but in the same breath it has been a very slow torture. and nowadays I hair has been very unmanageable. I am trying to be thankful for what I have, and deal with it , I am scared on even getting it cut and highlighted but I am gonna go for it, what do I have to loose except a frizzy mess! I pray I like the end result! thank you for you suggestion, I will keep it in mind, I'm gonna first to try the Paul Mitchell line and see how that goes, I have been using swave for the longest, it seemed to work well when I was young but now its not cutting it. I'll keep you posted..... Have a happy Thanksgiving :)

15. mythreeboys

mythreeboys Guest

Dang girl I hear ya! I am so sorry you have been dealing with this for so long :( It's just not fair!

16. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I also agree that your hair looks pretty amazing for 17 years of hair loss... I know girls who's hair is naturally thinner than that. You can try Frizz Ease by John Frieda. That stuff used to work wonders for me when my hair was long and poofy. It defines waves and curls very well also.

17. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:

I like the whole Frizz Ease line- there is a spray on straightened that isn't as heavy as some of the stuff is. I have trouble when it is humid- it just goes nuts.

18. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

what to do with my hair update -- page 4 new picture new du

[​IMG]

new due

19. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

[​IMG]

the new style.. not to drastic

20. missmyhair

missmyhair Guest

Cyndi, you look GREAT! Nice upgrade! How do you feel??? From these pics, I'd NEVER detect hair loss. :bravo: