Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

What to expect at an appt. with Flora

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by Mom2Cuties, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Mom2Cuties

Mom2Cuties Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've been a lurker here for a while. I just had a birthday and turned 36. :freaked: I think it is finally time that I take the plunge. My hair is extremely thin on top (shocker, right? ;) ). I had a long conversation with my husband the other night and told him (while crying) that I couldn't remember the last time that I looked in the mirror and felt pretty. I am not sure if getting hair on my head would help, but I would venture to guess that it would. You have to start somewhere, right?

Actually, the big push for me is our future relocation. We will be relocating to another city in June and it seems like a wonderful time to start wearing something more on my head. Maybe if people don't know that I am thinning, it won't be as hard as it would be if I started here.

For a while, I was convinced that I was going to go with Kiki, but after doing a lot of research on this board, I think Flora is the way I want to go. THe falls and wigs I've seen look absolutely beautiful. My husband told me that if I am going to spend that kind of money, he wants me to go in person and meet with her to make sure I am COMPLETELY happy and knowledgeable about the product. In the big scheme of things when paying $2000 for hair...$300 for airfare isn't that much.

So for those of you that have been, what can I expect to happen? Will she have pieces in stock that I could buy? Do they cut in? Why do some people get customs? Is it realistic to fly in one evening stay the night, go to my appt., and then fly home that night?

You all are such an inspiration. I love to get on here and read the success stories and see the pictures. It makes me think that maybe I will look pretty again. :mrgreen:

2. michellebr

michellebr Guest

Although I have only spoken with her on the phone, she is caring, very nice and knowledgable about what works for whom. She picked mine after seeing one pic of me and it is just perfect for me.
    Good luck and let us know how it goes!

3. Kenzie22

Kenzie22 Guest

Hi! I dont have a wig, yet, but the Flora ones are gorgeous. I just wanted to say good luck! also, your husband sounds like a really supportive guy. Its always good to hear about men who love us for more than our hair!

4. SherryBerry

SherryBerry Guest

I think before you pay to fly there..... that ou should ask HER all the questions you asked here ;)

5. Mom2Cuties

Mom2Cuties Member

Dislikes Received:
    haha good point Sherryberry! I did send her an email this morning and she promptly returned the email.

She said in a couple of hours, I could be walking out with a beautiful fall on my head.

For those who went, did you go alone or did you take someone? I would love for my husband to go, but he will need to stay with our kids.

6. michellebr

michellebr Guest

Well, I envy you the chance to go meet with her. As I said, I have dealt with her, although only over the phone and she was wonderful. You will have the added bonus of having all that beautiful hair to try on!!! Lucky you!!
    Oh and rest assured, Flora has been in this business a long time and has many many people who rave not only about her pieces, but about her service. She will be able to help you with whatever you need answered.

ENJOY!!

7. phurrballe

phurrballe Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi

I have been to Flora's..she is the most sweetest and compassionate person to buy hair from. I went last summer and I was an emotional wreck. She was patient with me and we tried many pieces she had until we found the right one. I ended up with a drop-dead gorgeous Illusion Fall. Sadly I am not able to wear it too often or for too long because I am bothered by the clips but the piece itself is unbelievable. She is as sweet as pie and very very compassionate. I felt if I ended up not buying anything from her, she would hav ebeen fine with that too. She genuinely has your best interests at heart. If you can see her in person, you will not be disappointed. Good luck!

8. Eztli

Eztli Guest

I have been to Floras.
    I actually dropped in out of the blue and even though I didnt have an appt she spent as much with me as she could and we found a beautiful piece for me.
    Her husband spent a half hour with me too. He showed me how to wash pieces, as I was frightened that I would take it home and mess it up.

She does have pieces in stock that you can buy, luckily she had one that was exactly like the hair I had lost. I was really lucky, because I needed one right away, but you can always order a custom one. I have decided that since I won't be growing any of my own hair, I will have a rapunzel wig, and I will probably go back to Flora to have one made.

It's totally realistic to fly in for one day to consult with her. Good luck, having an illusion fall has helped me so much.

Oh, and I didn't really take anyone with me, but my father drove me there. Actually thats how I ended up going to Floras in the first place. I had ordered a cheaper piece and then spent several hours at a salon in new york city getting it cut and colored and "blended" with my hair. I came out of the salon and my father said it looked really fake. He told me I looked like I had scalped a Chinese person and put it on my head. Not so nice, yes, but his honesty was important. And it was just as important when I came out of flora's and he said he couldn't tell I was wearing hair and that it looked like the hair I had as a teenager.

9. Girl77

Girl77 Guest

I've flown to see Flora twice. It's well worth the trip. Basically she will examine your own bio hair, talk to you about what your concerns are...etc. You will get to try on a vast selection of toppers and full wigs (depending on what you want ofcourse). As soon as you walk into her shop and see the quality of the hair she has - you will be impressed. The hair is gorgeous, I've never seen better quality, I stand by the quote "you get what you pay for".

Don't expect to be pressured by Flora, she is very kind and compassionate. Very easy going. She'll probably end up answering all of your questions before you even ask them :)

My advice is to send her some pics via email, discuss some of your concerns before you see her. If you decide to take the trip - best of luck to you.

g.

10. Pixey

Pixey Guest

I too have visited Flora (from abroad) and she is absolutley the best. I couldn't imagine going anywhere else. She has an amazing stock of hair styles, which you can try on until you find one you like. My Fall had to be made and she showed me the actual hair that was to be used, after matching it closely with my colour and fineness.

After the Fall was made and mailed back to me I did, however, find it necessary to return it twice - as I wanted less hair - so she removed a few wefts and posted it back. After my hairdresser kinda freaked when I requested a further cut, I once again had to ask Flora to help out and off it went back to Flora with a picture of how I wanted it cut. She also then put in a few highlights for me ........ and all of this was done by mail. I've just received it back and it is now exactly as I wanted and I am SO happy with the result. Flora really bends over backwards to please you and, whilst I really felt bad about returning it twice, she did not seem to mind doing this and everything was done promptly and with such understanding.

I went with my husband, but soon forgot he was there once I got stuck into trying on all the styles. He's like "whatever" ......... you look great in all of them!

Good luck ......... you will not be disappointed and Flora is sweet, compassionate, extremely talented and very, very entertaining.
    ciao,
    [​IMG]