Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

whats left of my hair tangles

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by the_girl_who, Jun 5, 2007.

1. the_girl_who

the_girl_who Guest

hey,

whats left of my hair just tangles so easily. Its shoulder length and in need of a good cut i guess. Its fine but i wake up in the morning and it's in knots.
    Do anyone have any solutions. My mum is thinkin of a silk pillow case.
    help?? as i want to try and keep whats leeft of my hair in the best condition xxx

2. Guest

Guest Guest

i am completely bald with Alopecia Universalis, but my man has long hair and his hair gets tangled sometimes. he has a full head of beautiful hair. long hair just tangles sometimes.

3. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

i used to braid my hair when i went to bed, to make it more managable in the morning.........and a good conditioner helps also, you can get a spray in detangler to make combing it out easier. with AAreata, the hair comes out easier (it's gonna come out ANYWAY, but tugging can make it sooner). try braiding it at night, and a spray on detangler.

4. gia72

gia72 Guest

girl_who - are you by any chance Androgenetic Alopecia? I am, and my hair tangles easily as well. doctor explained that it's caused by the different diameters of the hair shafts (in Androgenetic Alopecia, the hair diameter gets progressively smaller w/ea growth cycle).

5. the_girl_who

the_girl_who Guest

hi, i am suffering from alopecia areata.....i think now its just my hair is in bad condition at the ends...my hair is so fine it just tangled and goes crazy...must just be having a wild party. But could be the shafts too maybe? thanks x