Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

When we talk about meds, please explain

Discussion in 'Medications that can cause Hair Loss' started by GoodYear, Mar 30, 2008.

1. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

Hi,

Sometimes we have posts about meds, other then common hair loss meds like Proscar/ propecia (finasteride), Avodart (dutasteride), spironolactone, birht controll pills etc. Most of the time I do not know the meds then! I always have to google on it to see what some one is talking about.

I think it is a good idea if we just include a URL for the readers in our post when we talk about meds other then the hair loss meds. So, it is easy to understand what this med is. Also, a little explaination about the meds is very usefull (for example: this med is an anti depression med and I use it against..bla bla).

I always use the FDA site: www.drugs.com. Type in the name of the med in the search box and voila. You see several pages about this med: for the patient, for the professional and some other categories. I always use the professional (it is the most difficult one), because of the extended list of side effects. These are not always mentioned in the other categories. Also, some researches are sometimes published in this pages.

Wikipedia is also helpfull for explainations! http://www.wikipedia.com

Ladies, what do you think of this?

2. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Thanks for the tip on drugs.com!