Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Where do you buy your JR Great Hair Day?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by CKingAnswers, Apr 18, 2013.

1. CKingAnswers

CKingAnswers Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone who uses JR GHD- where do you buy it/order it and how much are you paying?

2. RaisinCookie

RaisinCookie Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I got mine the first time from here. http://www.joanriversgreathairday.com/. It was the same price as it is now and I got one big compact, one small one, and two kinds of her lotion in the package. I am still using the first big compact anditnhas been 16 months I thought the shipping and handling was expensive and it took forever to be shipped. Like a month.

I got a back p compact from amazon for $15. I've also see it online other places for $30 but that seems very over priced. I don't think there is one set price so you really have to go from site to site and look at price and shipping.

If time isn't a factor I think the two compacts being sold at the official site for $20 seems like a good deal. I just remember it being so slow.

Let me know if you find anything better!

3. CKingAnswers

Dislikes Received:
    Raisincookie,
    That's where I used to buy mine but they aren't selling it any more. Both the Blonde and the Brunette shades have been showing out of stock for months now. I called to see when they might be back in stock and was told they wouldn't be selling JR any more. Here's the link to when I posted about it.
    http://www.heralopecia.com/interact...reat-Hair-Day-no-longer-sold-on-one-website-(

I can't find it any where under $30 any more :(

4. RaisinCookie

RaisinCookie Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Oh! I didn't realize - I was on my mobile device when I responded so I didn't look to see what was available. It looks like there is salt and pepper everywhere, but brunette no where.

How do you like dermmatch? I was thinking about trying that this summer for my week at the beach because it is supposed to stay in longer?

5. CKingAnswers

Dislikes Received:
    I used Dermmatch for years and loved it. I used it dry, the same way as JR and it works about the same. However after using JR then going back to Dermmatch, I found that the Dermmatch Dark Brown comes out much lighter on me than the JR Brunette. It doesn't show up as much or as dark. I found this confusing as I don't recall it being that light in the past. So I don't know if it's just me, if the JR really is that much darker and covers more, or if Dermmatch changed their formula. All I know is that I used to prefer Dermmatch and I know prefer JR which I cannot find any more!

6. starbabies

starbabies Guest