Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Where to get hair system consultations - please provide info

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by bayareagirl, Mar 31, 2005.

1. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I thought it would be useful to start this thread to have a kind of geographic resource of places where people can go for hair system consultations, maintenance etc.

I know Miami Girl has a great resource in S. Cal, Teester just saw someone in Texas.

How about we start a reference section? It's probably just as useful to include places to AVOID, such as SEQUENCE. Admin, if you are there and we get some responses on this, can you make it a STICKY?

Kate

2. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Great idea Kate

I will start of with my places but it only really applies for the gals in Europe who can travel

in London

Lucinda Ellery
    Mark Glenn

In Kent

Hairways of Biddenton (Wattz International)

From my experience I would avoid Farrell in London they were pushy b-stardos who just wanted to extract £2000 off me before I even left their consulting rooms)

3. teester

teester Guest

4. Peony

Peony Guest

hey gals--

There is a place in Ellicot City, MD (not far from DC or Baltimore) that I will eventually try out. I'll post the name once I can say something good or bad about it.

5. stillhopeful

stillhopeful Guest

Hair Systems

Hair Club for Women

Located across the country

There are a couple in the Boston area.

6. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Still hopeful can I ask what type of hair loss you have ?? in what pattern I am seriously considering this avenue

7. stillhopeful

stillhopeful Guest

Hair Consultations

Scared Scally,

I have Androgenic Alopecia (ADA), which is female pattern baldness. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

8. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

yeah me too I have it in the male pattern though so my loss is frontal and temporaral and overall thinning on the vertx all the treatments are great for the back and middle but not where its bothering me most ...

I just wanted to know if you have to shave the entire area down before the piece is attached ???? that iw what I have been led to beleive

9. stillhopeful

stillhopeful Guest

sally

Most people shave just the crown of the head to make attachement and removal easier but you don't have to. Since the Hair Club are the ones who remove it and style it when you get it serviced you don't have to worry about how easy or not it is to remove. You just sit back and have your new hair done! The polyfuse attaches to the hair just as strong. Most people start off with putting the system over their own hair and as you get more comfortable and used to the system they opt to shave just where the polyfuse will attach, which is the crown of your head. You can go to the Hair Club for a free consultation and they will answer all of your worries or concerns. Keep in touch. :)

10. piperkitty

piperkitty Guest

In your opinion, Stillhopeful, would this polyfuse being used on your hair cause further damage. Is there pulling? I feel the clips and mono base are too thick and wiggy looking on my head. Lace and bonding might be the best bet, but I am growing hair back-not sure where it will take me.

11. baldbutcute

baldbutcute Guest

bayareagirl--where do you get your hair done in Bay Area?

looking for recommendations in bay area for topper.

12. gbslaf

gbslaf Guest

Hair Replacement in TN

I am going to check out HPI in Nashville,TN (which is only for women) and I will let you all know how it goes.

13. sessa555

sessa555 Guest

I'm now a firm believer in Apollo Hair, they have locations everywhere.

14. gbslaf

gbslaf Guest

Apollo Hair

If you don't mind me asking, are you an Apollo client? I am new to all of this and trying to find out what options I have and where I want to go to get something done. I have been to Farrell Hair in Atlanta and they are extremely expensive. So, I was wanting somewhere in TN, and I do know they have Apollo in Nashville near me. Should I go to them for a consultation? Thanks

15. sessa555

sessa555 Guest

Hi there!

I went to HRS of Portland, which is an affiliate of Apollo Hair (they use the same hair, methods, etc.). I have been searching extensively for 2+ years for a cosmetic solution, including getting royally screwed over by Sequence Hair (to the tune of 5 grand). I specifically wanted something that was bonded down so that I wouldn't have to deal with it. I finally bit the bullet and went to HRS (found them by calling Apollo Hair...I also went to 3 consultations with them before committing!) and I am SO HAPPY! I love my new hair, it's just incredible. I have more detailed posts about it in the general discussion forum ('bonded piece-LOVE IT' is the main one). Good luck!

--S

16. gbslaf

gbslaf Guest

apollo hair

Thanks for your reply. I read your posts and you sound so thrilled with your system. I am very happy for you, I hope I feel the same after I make the decision to do something about my thinning. I saw that you posted that you were going to put pics up.... I would love to see them.

17. dorothy

dorothy Guest

Peony is right, there may be an Apollo in Maryland. There is a phone number and address listed but nothing on Apollo's website. I will check it out more, I am praying that there is...
    Dorothy

18. sessa555

sessa555 Guest

Don't give up, HRS wasn't listed, either, I just called the one in Seattle and they refered me. Let me know if you find one!

19. JulieK

JulieK Guest

Mark Glenn Hair Enhancement

I'd also recommend Mark Glenn in Mayfair, London - there's lots of information on their site at http://www.markglenn.com

I think consultations are free of charge (they were when I went). Really cool place, just for women. These guys have changed my life.

Love Julie

20. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting thread.

Does anyone know exactly what the Mark Glenn system is? They say it's not a wig and it's not a hair piece? What is it then?!!! Julie, could you describe what you have and how it is attached for us please?

Curious on behalf of a friend that lives near London.
    Kate