Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Who has what?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by KY girl, Mar 25, 2005.

1. KY girl

KY girl Guest

I thought this would be a good reference type post to identify who has what sort of cosmetic option.
    Me? I have nothing....yet. I have ordered the Juliet topper from Kathy. I have also placed an order from Toplace for a custom topper. I am not horribly hopeful about either, but heck..what do I have to lose?? (except more hair :shock: ).

2. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Excellent thread.

I don't have a cosmetic option yet, but really appreciate the advice and information from those who have taken that step as it is invaluable both in a practical & emotional sense.
    Kate

3. seethrew

seethrew Guest

Hi No hair so have to wear wigs so far I like noriko Rene of Paris the best anyone else any suggestions they all seem to make your head itch. Seethrew

4. Right now I just use Toppik on my thinner areas on top. Works well for me. It has enough "coverage" that my hair looks normal. What a huge confidenc lifter it's been for me.

5. teester

teester Guest

Toppik and tons of volumizing, hair fattening products when I am in a situation where I can not where a hat. 90% of the time I wear a hat. I am going on Tues for my first consultation for a cosmetic option. I will let you know what I decided.

6. MiamiGirl

MiamiGirl Guest

I have a 3/4 bonded piece.

7. bayareagirl

Dislikes Received:
    Hey MG,

How is your new piece working out? Do you wear it every day? I hope you are very happy with everything.
    Kate

8. bayareagirl

Dislikes Received:
    MG, I just saw the pics of your new topper - wow, it's stunning! The daylight pics are cool to see too because I think even under scrunity, this looks like real hair to me.
    Kate

9. MiamiGirl

MiamiGirl Guest

Hi Kate. It's working out great, thanks for asking. I absolutely love it...no complaints. I had problems disguising the front last week, but I finally got bangs to cover it. The bangs look cute, so I can live with them. I really couldn't be any happier then I am. It even looks good wet, which means that I can swim in it. Yes, I wear it everyday. I'll only take it off during maintenance appointments.

10. Monika

Monika Guest

Right now I'm using Couvre with a foundation brush and I use a little Toppik on the crown of my head! It seems to be working good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

11. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

ME I am covered in extensions ... I could not live wihtout them now I have over two hundred in in and they givce the illusion of still fine hair (so you can imagine how wispy mine is) !!

12. AsianG

AsianG Guest

Hey, I just have a quick question about toppik...I ordered my first bottle this long weekend. I am tired of the endless stares at my very visible scalp through my oh so thin hair...but I am a little nervous about using it. I am worried because I really can't imagine that putting powder on your head woudl be very good for the hair folliciles that are trying to push their ways up (I Hope1 :O) So...I'm wondering if any of you girls that are currently using the stuff...if it feels like it is suffocating your scalp? That's a strange questions I know...but it's like when I wear nailpolish (a very rare occasion) it honestly feels that my finger nails can't breath.... Maybe I just sound loonie! :? But if you gals could answer my question about scalp breathability it would be much obliged.

Thanx!

L

13. Monika

Monika Guest

I use Toppik to cover the crown of my head and no, it doesn't suffocate your scalp! :) Toppik is made up of little fibers and they kind of cling to each strand of hair. I usually run a comb through my hair where I've applied it and then use some hairspray to make sure it stays. No one has noticed and it washes out with your next shampoo. Also, I've read it doesn't interfere with Rogaine, if you are using that also.

14. Peony

Peony Guest

toppik (or hair so real)

hi everybody. i decided to change my login (from depressed) because...well, i'm trying not to be depressed all the time. i don't know where peony came from--it just popped out. maybe it's all the pink on this site (honestly, why does HER alopecia site have to be bathed in pink? reminds me of that pepto-bismol line from steel magnolias).

anyhoo, my 2 cents as far as toppik--i wear my hair parted on the side, and so when i put it on, i part my hair in the middle to sprinkle on a heavy layer, then find the spot where the part will be, and put on some on the other side. this way, i can try to make it look like a normal part w/some scalp showing. otherwise, it just looks dumb.

but honestly (as i've posted before) i am SO sick of the damn powder getting everywhere--pillow, bathroom sink/floor/walls/mirror/etc--that i'm about ready to give up and do something else for a change.

so here's what i'm thinking, in part thanks to the ladies of this site--i'm going to the endo in a couple of weeks, to get a script for propecia (or something similar) and Spironolactone. i'm going to get a clip on topper and try rogaine again for 1 year. if i get results, i'll stick with it. if not, i'm going to get a bonded topper like miamigirl and MOVE ON with my life.

ladies--what is the BEST result you've found as far as a clip-on topper? i am not sure where to go....i know, i'll post on wig support...should i order it from kathy? does anyone have THE BEST clip on topper they've ever had, and want to share where they got it?

15. JeniK

JeniK Guest

hi girls,

i have been using wigs now for a year and a half. i am completely bald. if i am not doing anything special, or i am tired of wearing my hair i wear bandanas. so far i have 2 raquel welch wigs and a john renau. i like all of them so far. i am hoping to save some money up to buy a human hair wig, but they cost so much. so it may take me awhile.

jeni