Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

"whorl" back of head - extending down?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by labellavita1985, Sep 21, 2015.

1. labellavita1985

labellavita1985 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,

so I have this "whorl" or cowlick, not sure what to call it, on the top back of my head. I feel like it's now "lower" than it used to be, as in, towards the nape of my neck. My hair is also very thin in this area. Anybody experience this?

Even though I'm not posting as obsessively as I used to be, I'm still here. Yesterday I read like the first 20 pages of the Positive Outlook forum, trying to find some hope.

2. rva207

rva207 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, unfortunately. My loss during my TE was so bad that I didn't even know I had this massive cowlick until after. It's been the bane of my existence ever since. I use a scalp concealer in that area in case the wind blows it open. Rogaine has helped with coverage dramatically, but I'm still far from getting away with no concealer. Sorry. It sucks, I know. I wouldn't have as much of a problem with my loss if I didn't have the huge cowlick. It's a double whammy.

3. Sakura

Sakura Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    i can't picture what you are talking about. does any of you have a pic?

4. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    As my hair thinned I noticed my "cowlick" in that region more and more. Too much head and not enough Toppik!

5. RaeVen

RaeVen New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yep.
    Any tips for covering that area from those of you who said you use concealers? It's difficult b/c for me, it extends down the back and not just top of head.

6. Eliza1990

Eliza1990 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    RaeVen - have you tried Toppik? It's inexpensive and blends really well, in my opinion. You can buy the spray they sell as well to hold it in place (it doesn't leave any residue/stiffness etc) so I imagine if you applied Toppik / sprayed with your head facing the ground it would work pretty well.

It was like 40 bucks for the Toppik and the applicator kit total, so if you try it once and don't like it, not a big loss.

7. labellavita1985

labellavita1985 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I HATE the cowlick so much!! Just venting. Anyone feel like sharing a picture for Sakura? I don't have one right now.