Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Why Prenatals?

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by melphone, Apr 1, 2005.

1. melphone

melphone Guest

I was just wondering why some of you women take prenatal vitamins, if you are not pregnant? Are there some weird hair magic qualities in it? Right now I take B-Complex, MSM, biotin, Fatty acid, Iron (27 mg 1xday), Zinc lozenges, L-Lysine at night.
    No multi

2. I don't know of any hair magic in them but they are like a bionic vitamin. They are choc full of good stuff and will help meet most of your vitamin needs in one convenient pill.

3. I take them because I admittedly do not have a very good diet. I am not a veggie lover and I feel like I need more than a regular vitamin can give me because of that. Additionally, my hairdresser suggested taking them to help the "health" of my hair. I cannot say they have a "magic" quality, but I do know that when I do not take them for a while (like now), I feel run down.

4. Monika

Monika Guest

I was told by a gyno 3 years ago that it wouldn't hurt to take them if you are not pregnant. At least you'd grow nails! :)

5. melphone

melphone Guest

Do you guys use prenatal vitamin as your multi? What brand/company of prenatal do you all take? Do you take the whole serving size or half (since you are not taking the nutrients for 'two')? Do you take the prenatal in addition to all the vitamins we all take out there (i.e. B-complex, biotin, msm, oils, amino acids)?