Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Why so few photos on Dr. Bauman website?

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants for Women' started by Janie-Ann, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Janie-Ann

Janie-Ann Guest

Hi, Dr. Bauman!

Welcome to heralopecia and thanks for giving us your time and expertise.

I was wondering why there are so few before and after photos of successful transplants on women on your website. I understand the privacy issue (believe me!) but I think photographs are the best impartial evidence of successful procedures and I was disappointed to see only 3 or 4 before/after photos of women.

Are there really so few "success" stories or is there another reason?

Thanks!

2. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Re: Why so few photos on Dr. Redmond website?

Did you mean this to say Dr Bauman or Dr Redmond?

Dr Redmond doesn't have any pictures on his site that I know of.

3. Janie-Ann

Janie-Ann Guest

Re: Why so few photos on Dr. Redmond website?

Thanks, Dee! (How embarrassing!) I edited the subject line... I meant Dr. Bauman -- his site has some photos of transplant results.
    Sorry everyone...

4. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well- Dr Redmond gets mentioned a whole lot more than Dr Bauman.

5. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Also, it's rare to see photos of women who have had transplants beyond a year of the procedure.

I wonder about that.

If I wasn't so concerned about shockloss, I would seriously consider it for adding density to my crown area and repair my frontal hairline and temples. (hairline has receded so much, I now have a really high forehead, and it was high before hair loss) :crazy:

6. Janie-Ann

Janie-Ann Guest

That's all i want, to repair my front hairline. I'd love to have just two inches to comb back over the topper -- i can't wear bangs for the rest of my life! (I still think that very close up the front rim shows in a clip-on topper, no matter how thin or underventing or whatever, unless you've got your own hair blended into it.) All I want is just that little bit in front -- but is it worth gambling $10,000???!!!

7. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Right, because I feel that with an ample front hairline, a more natural look can be pulled off with a topper.

Even that cute Paris Hilton hairbandit piece could be worn with comfort and confidence as long as there is enough hair in the front to blend naturally.

Janie-Ann, believe me, I would go into debt to pay for a transplant if I was promised it would continue to grow without falling out, and there was no threat of shockloss.

8. Janie-Ann

Janie-Ann Guest

:agree:

I think her hairbandit is cute! maybe i could wear it backwards ha ha

:agree: That's why I think there should be more photos of "success" stories -- even my dentist has better before and after pics -- if it really works, technologically and aesthetically, why aren't there more photos??

9. hairyape

hairyape Guest

True, and my thoughts exactly.

I believe that a hair transplant procedure is not the answer for women with diffuse thinning, TE, or Androgenetic Alopecia.

And most female hair loss scenarios fall into this criteria, which is why not so many photos are available.

I hope and dream that a solution will be developed that will generate naturallly growing hair on a women's head which will thrive and endure.

So far, unattainable.