Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

wig question

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by Beth La, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Beth La

Beth La Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    you kno when u part ur natural hair u see a bit of scalp and i was wondering what u would see if you decided to part your wig to tie it in a ponytail. would u see the net from the wig, which is totally unnatural or wouold u see something similar to the look of a scalp?

2. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

it is the how long is a piece of string question. It depends on so many factors - the type of wig you are wearing, the type of base it is on. You may get away with showing nothing, maybe a base which looks like scalp, maybe some hideous wefting with holes so you couldn't do it. Most synthetic wigs have a natural parting put in them and human hair tend to have them so you can part where you please within reason.

Take care.

3. Peony

Peony Guest

hey beth, my kiki topper has a very convincing scalp...so convincing that i wear it parted on the side (with bangs, of course, to cover the rim). i wear it in a ponytail all the time, but a low one, which retains my side part....if i were to brush it back in a regular ponytail (with no side part) it would still look like scalp. in general, i don't do a high ponytail b/c this would highlight the difference between the topper and my thinner hair underneath...but a low ponytail is fine and looks totally natural.

4. csymansky

csymansky Guest

it all depends on the wig, trust me I've had several different and they have gotten way better. I used to have ones with webbing and that would show a lot, but now you can get toppers that look like natural scalp, you can even get the whole wig to look like that. I had mine in braided pigtails the other day and it looked just fine from all angles.....so it all depends on the wig!