Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Will Fullmore or other hair concealers block hair follicles?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by raggdoll, Jun 4, 2007.

1. raggdoll

raggdoll Guest

Hi all, I haven't posted anything in a while. Hope all of you are doing well. Recently I went to have a hair cut. I haven't done this in years so I was pretty nervous. Everything went well but the hair stylist told me that Fullmore and other products like it will block the hair follices and prevent any hair growth. Then my aunt who was a hair stylist and has hair loss also told me the same thing. I have been using Rogaine for almost 4 months now and I haven't seen any hair growth at all and I am still losing hair. I wonder if this is because the Fullmore I am using is blocking my hair follices and not allowing the Rogaine to work. It does say on the can that Fullmore is not suppose to clog up your pores or hair shaft but I wonder if that is the truth. What do you all think about this?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

welcome back to the boards!

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    If you apply the Rogaine after a shampoo and before the Fullmore it shouldn't make a difference. Plus the Rogaine is actually absorbed into the scalp and blood supply- not the follicles per se. So I wouldn't think the Fullmore would be interfering. The Rogaine just takes so long to have an effect.

4. raggdoll

raggdoll Guest

Will Fullmore or other hair concealers block hair follicles

Thank you ladies! I have been off the boards for a while because it just seemed nothing much was really working and it was getting me depressed. My hair is still falling out like crazy. I only use rogaine 5% foam once and day and I wonder if that could be another reason I am not having any success with it. I may just have to try to use it twice a day. It is just a pain in the arse because I use Fullmore and that means washing my hair in the morning and putting on the rogaine then the Fullmore then washing my hair at night to clean the Fullmore out then putting rogaine on before I go to bed. What a hassle. It still worries me that Fullmore is blocking my hair follicles but without Fullmore I feel so self conscience. I may eventually have to start wearing my wig but I really don't want to unless I absolutely have to. I started dating again recently and I haven't told any of these men about my hair loss. I figure since I am not serious with then they don't need to know right now. BUT if my hair loss continues and I have to wear a wig I am going to have to confess to them why and I dread the thought of that. It is soooo embarrassing. Men right now don't seem to notice my hair loss. The magic of Fullmore, hee hee, helps me keep my secret for now at least.
    Take care my dear and wonderful ladies. My heart is with you always and you are always in my heart! :D

5. Snow777

Snow777 Guest

I didn't have much luck with Rogain but hope that you do eventually. Maybe I didn't give it long enough. The research with Rogain does show that it only helps a small percentage of women anyway.

I could see where the Fulmore might block follicles since it is a spray on liquid that dries. It shouldn't inhibit the rogain if it is put on first, but it may not be good for the follicles.

I've been using Topik and I don't think it has harmed my follicles. It's made of dry fibers so it doesn't block the follicles. So you might think of using it instead.

I just recently bought some Fulmore to try and it is kind of dark and I wouldn't switch to it from Topik... but I'm keeping it around and sometimes use a small spray of it and then letting it dry before adding the Topik fibers. It does seem to add more volume that way.