Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Will transplanted hair fall out again? (Androgenetic Alopecia)

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants for Women' started by Sophia07, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Sophia07

Sophia07 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all,
    I have Androgenetic Alopecia since a young age and I'm sick of taking anti-androgens which honestly didn't help me much. My hair doesn't look that bad at the moment but in 5 years I'm sure there will be bald spots if the hair loss continues this way. Therefore I'm planning ahead and I save money for a hair transplantation. Now I wonder if the transplanted hair will miniaturize as well and be affected by Androgenetic Alopecia. According to the procedure the follicles will be taken from the back part of the head so the follicles shouldn't be affected by Androgenetic Alopecia, right? How much will it approximately cost? I know it depends but starting from a mild Ludwig score 2? Which doctors/clinics are recommended?

Thanks,
    love Sophia07

2. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I saw a dr. about a transplant. He did a goose-egg size area at a time - I had too much hair loss, not practical for me. Sadly, for women the donor area is not as dependable as with men. There is no guarantee that the transplanted hair won't eventually shed too. Although my nape area still has more hair than the rest of my head,it continues to thin.

3. mcat11

mcat11 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Was your donor site checked for miniaturization before hair transplant?

4. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I never had it done.

5. mcat11

mcat11 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have been researching this myself since I have a great donor area in back confirmed by several Doctors.

BUT it seems the problem is not so much the donor hair for some but the actual procedure for people who are defuse on crown which most when are.

the transplant seems to stimulate shock loss-common in male surgeries as well MORE common in defuse hair transplant. (as opposed to packing hair line on most men)

that shock causes the hair to shed---and depending how bad you react is anyones guess but it seems many of the women here who have shared stories it goes worse than base line a year after the operation..so they LOSE some ground...(and money)

There must be successful ones--BUT where are the women sharing those stories? definitely not here so far.

SO I am NOT going to rush into a hair transplant surgery.

I am following Folica (dr cotarellsi ) Replicel/shiesedo, Tsugi, Dr Christian Jax inhibitors, histogen and the ever loving Brotzu--on the mens forums...(not much about it here)
    These are just some of the things in Research and development and in various stages of trials to either be better treatments OR possible cures for hair loss (tsugi working on hair cloning).

I would WAIT until the Fall there is a world hair conference in Japan..MANY of these companies I listed will have representatives at the conference--and just hold off a little bit

Stay on the drugs that are helping you to maintain-if you are not maintaining then try to see what else you can add...but for now save money for hopefully one or more of these things will be availably in the next few years if not sooner.

I am going to go try PRP in few weeks.

Fadedwaif likes this.
  6. Marry1993

Marry1993 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for your advice

7. Marry1993

Marry1993 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    So you wouldn't recommend it?

8. Marry1993

Marry1993 New Member