Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Will visit Flora Los Angeles in Feb - any help welcome!

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by bayareagirl, Jan 23, 2014.

1. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well, step one, I have booked flights.

My hair is thinning and while I still have a reasonably manageable amount, I can tell it's just getting thinner over the years - overall and in hair strand size. I'm going on an educational trip to Flora in Los Angeles to look at toppers and hair pieces. I am so tired of having my hair cut at just the right length with just the right amount of layering because without more volume there's just not that much I can do with my hair. I have an aunt who ended up in wigs through loss and I worry I'll end up there eventually.

I have 2 goals for my visit - research generally, what might work for me down the line.

Secondly, I have a HUGE fancy pants red carpet do to go to in LA in a few weeks, formal gown and all and my bio hair is just a bit of a let down to the look. I might just see what I can find that will work for an updo or to improve the situation more immediately.

Any tips, words of advice, comments about Flora in LA specifically, would be very welcome. I'm as nervous as heck!

Thanks.

2. JDH

JDH Guest

Flora is great. just do your homework like what size cap, type of hair (courser, curly, silky), color, etc. would recommend you go to as many places as possible before making a decision. There's a lot to learn but I found only way to do that is going to the places and learning about I first hand. good luck!

3. Sadlatina

Sadlatina Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Is it the same "flora" from New Jersey? Will she be visiting L.A.? What dates? I'd love to go too! I live in california and cant afford a trip all the way to NJ :-(

- - - Updated - - -

Oh just checked her website and noticed they opened a new salon last year!!! Didnt know that!!! I live in the bay area too :) wish i can go tomorrow but just saw the prices :-(

4. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Flora in LA

Yes, they have a store in LA now. In fact, there must be a tons of places in LA. JDH as you say, it definitely seems like a good idea to explore options. I also have an appointment at Follea in LA too for the same day. It's surreal that I'm planning a day of hair research - I can hardly believe I booked flights and hired a car to do this! My husband who is as solid as a rock in all this is coming with me, thank goodness.

5. Sadlatina

Dislikes Received:
    Let me know if u end up buying something! I might go one of those days to L.A. I see a lot of good reviews about Flora and happy customers with their new hair! I wanna feel pretty again :-(

6. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck!!! I have seen Flora and Folleas toppers. Beautiful hair. Be sure to share with us when you get back. It will be a big help to anyone else considering this step.

Enjoy the fancy pants red carpet event.:woot: I was in LA for a week for a NAAF conference in 2011. I loved it there!!! The 2015 NAAF conference will be in Orange County. I can't wait!!!

Joann

7. Sadlatina

Dislikes Received:
    Bayareagirl... Did u end up going?