Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

with toppik/without toppik what a difference!!!

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by the_secretary, Sep 3, 2009.

1. CHECK IT OUT!

Attached Files:

• file.jpg
      file.jpg
      File size:
      5.4 KB
      Views:
    • file.jpg
      file.jpg
      File size:
      5.4 KB
      Views:
    • file.jpg
      file.jpg
      File size:
      5.4 KB
      Views:
    • -1.jpg
      -1.jpg
      File size:
      5.5 KB
      Views:
    • -1.jpg
      -1.jpg
      File size:
      5.5 KB
      Views:
    • -1.jpg
      -1.jpg
      File size:
      5.5 KB
      Views:
  2. PS I am not exactly endorsing it for everybody. Just thought I would show the pics and say things aren't always hopeless.

kisses and hugs and smiley faces galore!

3. hairscared

hairscared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    that totally rocks!

I have been filling in my 'holes' in a similar manner but had to
    stop bc I don't have enough hair below. ( my hair is long and very sparse now) This is great for short hair.
    Your pics are really going to help a lot of people !
    hugs,
    hs

4. julielou

julielou Guest

I've been meaning to order some Toppik but just hadn't got round to it .... your pics are inspiring and I'm going to get some TODAY!!! I've got a party coming up month end and this will definitely make me feel less self conscious.

Thanks for posting.

5. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

you should try fullmore also, the spray is great and covers it completely , thank god for concealers!

6. RobinL71

RobinL71 Guest

awesome... you must be thrilled... :bravo:

7. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I used Toppik for a long time until my hair loss was just too much.

8. cassie

cassie Established Member

Dislikes Received:

:agree: Fullmore is amazing - I coudn't manage without it now.

9. eco_girl

eco_girl Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using it for 2 years - and still do on non-topper days. Definitely helps!

10. kimm

kimm Guest

looks good chica!:)

It looks so natural!

I'm loving how you manage to keep an upbeat attitude despite this.

11. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know what I would do without Toppik on days I don't wear my topper. It makes a huge difference and I almost feel like it is normal again, kind of sort of ....

12. CarliGali

CarliGali Guest

It looks GREAT ....good to know.

13. beachlover24

beachlover24 Guest

Looks amazing. What an improvement. I'm glad you found a solution!

14. jade76

jade76 Guest

Hey! That looks really good! Thanks for sharing your pics. I use fullmore, not everyday (too much work), but for special occasions and i think it helps alot. I used it at a wedding last year and from the pics you couldnt even tell that i had hair loss. I think these concealers are great! :)

15. Awesome! :jump: I use Toppik around my part and crown, too. It was a real lifesaver for me and it makes such a difference. Granted, it's not cheap...but it's an excellent concealer option. What color do you use? I have to mix light brown and medium brown.

16. gmarias

gmarias Guest

how exactly do you apply it to look so good? I've been trying to get it to work like that for the past few days. (just got it last thursday). It only seems to work if I pull my hair back. I think I have enough hair...but it seems to just fall right to my scalp and clumps up, looking HORRIBLE. So, the only way I've found that works is to pull my hair back and THEN cover the areas.

Is there a special technique?

17. hmmm...no technique on my part. I just kind of tap a little bit of the stuff in and give it one spray of the hold. Seems to work for two days or so when I have to wash it and start over.

Do you have dark hair like mine (I use medium brown)? I have heard complaints from lighter-haired women.

Sorry this one isn't working well for you. Perhaps a different product like nanogen or couvre?

18. gmarias

gmarias Guest

maybe my part is just too wide.

the color is alright. I use medium brown, though my hair is a reddish brown. It's a little dark, but if I sort of sprink it around in areas I don't need, it still seems natural (pony tail of course)

I just noticed too much clumping. It seems to fall too my scalp if I use it on my part and looks extremely obvious because I have big balls of fibers resting there. I hate taking my hair down at the end of the day because it looks like someone punctured little black powdery holes in my scalp in neat little lines. It's weird.

19. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

this is why i went to fullmore hair colored spray, it sprays on just like hairspray and drys quick and is really so natural looking , why dont you order a bottle and try it, they have three shades of brown, the red is really a dark dark red/brown btw.........

20. gmarias, I apply it using the small trial size toppik bottle. This helps me control the application more, particularly around the part area. I never put the toppik directly in my part...just in the sparse areas along my part and in my crown area. As I said, the small trial size bottle works really, really well for me. I can't imagine applying toppik directly from those giant bottles!